The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks turquoise
Razor: Max Sprecher Custom 8/8 near wedge
Soap: Seaforth Black Watch
Aftershave: Seaforth Black Watch
EDT: Seaforth Black Watch

The Black Watch set arrived yesterday, so it was up for this mornings shave. I usually shave in the evening, but decided to get up early and take care of it before work today instead. I don't have time for a scent review, but the soap is a great performer that I'm looking forward to using more. The Sprecher is a work of art, though I still don't have the edge honed the way I'd like it. Might be a good candidate for convex honing.... anyway, I was still plenty satisfied with the shave and might have been the classiest smelling machine operator ever. Oh, and the longevity of this stuff is right up there with Imaginary Authors, Mancera, and Amouage. I'm still smelling it almost 14 hours later.

BWSOTD.jpg

Red Tobacco is just a fantastic frag, and it falls well into the realm of Beast Mode. It will introduce you to a room before you enter and make sure you are remembered after you leave, as well as lasting all day and then some.
Used my sample of Red Tobacco today and you're exactly right. A little definitely goes a long way! Thanks for introducing it to me. :cool:(y)

Thanks Chris! It would have been better if it wasn’t Sunday, but that’s how it goes sometimes lol.

Nice! What did you think of it overall?
I liked it very much! May be a bottle on the way soon. Any recommendations where I can get it for the best price?

No particularly noteworthy shaves lately. I’ve mostly been using B&M’s Le Grand Chypre and my Feather SS with a ProGuard blade, and they’ve all been night shaves.

I managed to do something to my lower back that had me in quite a bit of pain Sunday night. It wasn’t any better Monday morning, and despite trying to start my day fairly normally, once I managed to get into my car and realized that I could barely get out of it without assistance I had to call into work. Fortunately my chiropractor was able to get me in quickly, though the news wasn’t thrilling. I went in for a follow up this morning and he has me off of work until Monday. That wouldn’t be so bad, but I’m mostly chair bound and am going pretty stir crazy. Thank God I have an old man chair which is part recliner and part dump truck.

FED47819-A782-408B-8C22-02878232A001.jpeg

The cats are taking advantage of my immobility, and this has been my view for the last few days.

E4330D34-A33F-4F58-82DB-58A76C27FDEB.jpeg

This also wouldn’t be so bad, but for one thing he seems to need to stomp on my bladder repeatedly while positioning himself, and for another he loves putting his paws right on the bare skin of my neck and he WON’T STOP FLEXING HIS CLAWS!

I have been able to set up a card table and comfortable chair in the workshop and was able to play around a tiny bit with the Gold Dollar mod for the contest, but I’m set on making sure I don’t make things worse so that is happening in extreme moderation.

Well, I have about 300 episodes of One Piece to catch up on so it’s time to get to it. If you’ve managed to trudge through that entire post then congratulations and apologies are in order. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No particularly noteworthy shaves lately. I’ve mostly been using B&M’s Le Grand Chypre and my Feather SS with a ProGuard blade, and they’ve all been night shaves.

I managed to do something to my lower back that had me in quite a bit of pain Sunday night. It wasn’t any better Monday morning, and despite trying to start my day fairly normally, once I managed to get into my car and realized that I could barely get out of it without assistance I had to call into work. Fortunately my chiropractor was able to get me in quickly, though the news wasn’t thrilling. I went in for a follow up this morning and he has me off of work until Monday. That wouldn’t be so bad, but I’m mostly chair bound and am going pretty stir crazy. Thank God I have an old man chair which is part recliner and part dump truck.

View attachment 96603

The cats are taking advantage of my immobility, and this has been my view for the last few days.

View attachment 96604

This also wouldn’t be so bad, but for one thing he seems to need to stomp on my bladder repeatedly while positioning himself, and for another he loves putting his paws right on the bare skin of my neck and he WON’T STOP FLEXING HIS CLAWS!

I have been able to set up a card table and comfortable chair in the workshop and was able to play around a tiny bit with the Gold Dollar mod for the contest, but I’m set on making sure I don’t make things worse so that is happening in extreme moderation.

Well, I have about 300 episodes of One Piece to catch up on so it’s time to get to it. If you’ve managed to trudge through that entire post then congratulations and apologies are in order. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Stay strong!

View attachment 96603

View attachment 96604

Yikes!!! Hope you feel better soon, Eric!

Stay well! Hope you heal up quickly.
Well, I have about 300 episodes of One Piece to catch up on so it’s time to get to it.
Catching it on Netflix? It toook a loooooong time and a few lag spots in the story line…but it’s worth the slog for where it leaves off!

Stay strong!

LOL Feel better buddy!

Yikes!!! Hope you feel better soon, Eric!

Back pain sucks! I hope you heal up soon.

Thanks guys!

Stay well! Hope you heal up quickly.

Catching it on Netflix? It toook a loooooong time and a few lag spots in the story line…but it’s worth the slog for where it leaves off!

Netflix only goes up to about episode 340, and I was in the 700s when I fell off. Crunchyroll has up to about 1200 so that’s where I’m watching it.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Brush: Rubberset 400 knockoff /Gelousy fan
Razor: Otto Busch World Master
Soap: WSP Formula T Black Amber Vanille
Aftershave: WSP Black Amber Vanille
EDP: DUA Ottoman Drowned in Vanilla

Delightful shave this morning. You can never go wrong with Black Amber Vanille. Formula T is a great performing soap, and the scent of this stuff is out of this world. Grabbed the World Master, which I haven't used in a while. I'm not sure what I honed it on but I think it'll need to go back to the stones before the next shave. Still it's a beautiful razor that handles well and delivered a very nice result, even if it was a bit on the tuggy side.

vdtMJpZh.jpg

This particular aftershave will last all day and then some, but for todays frag I still decided to go with a newer acquisition that I thought would go well with it. I've bought several bottles from DUA in the past. They started out as a clone house, though they have branched into originals as well. It has been a while since I purchased anything from them, though a few of their offerings have been on my radar for some time. Imagine my surprise when I received an email offering a bottle of my choice. Ottoman Drowned in Vanilla is a hybrid of Ani & Hacivat by Nishane, and it is wonderful. Where Black Amber Vanille is dark, masculine, and somewhat spicy, Ottoman opens up with a decidedly fruity vibe. The vanilla is definitely there and comes out more during the dry down, but it does start out pretty bright. There is also a woodsy note that reminds me of the oak barrel in Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser. It is an Extrait de Parfum concentration, and settles on the skin like a light oil. I still smell it about 14 hours later, which is always nice. I wasn't entirely certain that it would go very well with Black Amber Vanille, but they played off each other nicely. The scent of charcoal and hickory was soon added to the ensemble since I smoked this years turkey, which came out amazing. Spatchcocking might not be the most visually appealing way to prepare a turkey, but the benefits more than make up for it's less than ideal aesthetic and unfortunate name.

fpU0FKcl.jpg

Back