The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Aftershave: Stirling Iced Pineapple
EDP: Al Haraman L’Aventure

There’s nothing like a mentholated winter shave to wake you up after a long night. It turns out that coughing is not a restful activity.

Took my time face lathering, and the IP was clearing out my sinuses nicely. It looks like 6 shaves on the Wizamet is the most I’ll get out of them. There was some tugging so I only did two passes, ending up with a DFS and some irritation. No complaints with that number. It’s twice what I've been able to get comfortably from any other DE blade, and the Wizamet stayed amazingly smooth throughout.

A hefty splash of the AS kept my face nice and frigid, and a couple sprays of L’Aventure matched the IP nicely. L’Aventure is an Aventus clone that is pretty nice and lasts quite a while.
24B98F9D-7427-4DE8-B33A-7FCF057AF7D3.jpeg

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Straight razor shave #530

Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial California Sunrise
Aftershave: Paladin unscented balm

EDP: Amouage Sunshine Man

I just got CBL Tonsorial California Sunrise and Insurrection in the mail yesterday. It seemed like the post office gave it to a one legged hiker to get it here, but it was worth the wait. California Sunrise smells just like the opening to Sunshine Man, and since that was the perfect ironic scent to use considering the crazy amount of rain and ice that has dropped on us in the last couple of days, it was called up to the show.

Popped the last ProGuard into the SS and had a stellar shave. Tonsorial seems to have a pretty wide water band and I've gotten really good results every time I've used it so far. I haven't used vintage Williams enough to compare the two(yet), but it is plenty slick. Not as much residual slickness as his Premium line, but still enough for some moderate blade buffing where required, and three passes gave me a marvelous BBS. A shot of the balm combined with a spray of Sunshine Man equals the aftershave of kings, and a couple sprays of the frag had me on my way with a skip in my step.

hrODMgpl.jpg

Still have that stupid cough and really can't wait until it's out of my system. On the plus side it's getting me one step closer to 6-pack abs. 🤣

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

So the city of Flint finally got around to replacing the pipes leading to the center. Hooray for no more poison water. Of course the guys that did the work(based on what I was told by Flint Water later in the evening) shut off the main to the center AND the pipe feeding that one to do the work. When they finished and left, without coming in to see if the water was actually on, they only turned the one back on, leaving a center with 27 men in it without the ability to shower or flush a toilet for a few hours. That went over almost as well as the time we ran out of coffee.
Our director was able to contact Flint Water and they came out and got it all sorted before lights out.

So the next shave will be unleaded.

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: TSC Legacy
Cream: Baum.be
Aftershave: Baum.Be
EDT: Guerlain Habit rouge

The only thing better than starting the day with a three pass BBS is ending the shave with a few sprays of Habit Rouge. That's all I've got. Have a great night all!

Straight razor shave # 531

Razor: Ralf Aust

Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: B&M Hallows
Aftershave: B&M Hallows

EDT: Ferragamo F Black

I get a little sad every time I use this shave soap. I only have a sample of it, and once it's gone it's gone forever since it has been discontinued. Dark, earthy, smoky, and a bit sweet, I love the scent of this stuff. I was able to score a full bottle of the aftershave from @Spider, which made me happy. Now I just need to find another soap to pair with it once this sample is gone.

The shave was very nice. Three passes with the Aust gave me a DFS+, and a hefty glug of aftershave surrounded me with a cloud of Hallows. I wasn't sure what frag to pair with it so I grabbed F Black. Most of what I get from F Black is vanilla and black pepper, and it went pretty nicely with Hallows, which lasts a crazy amount of time on my skin for an aftershave.

The cough seems to finally be winding down after two weeks. I've probably lost more sleep than I've gotten during that time, and actually slept through most of the night last night. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Back