The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

I'm with you on the Wizamet blades Eric. Most other blades by shave three are tugging and pulling...and most certainly by shave four. The few Wizamet blades I tried lasted a full five to seven shaves (or more) before that happened. Glad you are measuring your aftershave in glugs and not splashes! 🤪

I'm with you on the Wizamet blades Eric. Most other blades by shave three are tugging and pulling...and most certainly by shave four. The few Wizamet blades I tried lasted a full five to seven shaves (or more) before that happened. Glad you are measuring your aftershave in glugs and not splashes! 🤪

It’s all semantics. Splash and glug are synonymous to me, as both require a palm full of aftershave lol. Glug just sounds more manly.

You still smell good from the last few days! 🤪
Lol the rest has improved my natural fragrance. On a side note, Flint actually is sunny. It’s a beautiful day outside.

Today’s shave will be later. I was looking for my tripod so I could record my 54321 challenge later, but it is nowhere to be found. Must have either misplaced it during the move or accidentally left it at the old house. Oh well, might have to jury rig something.

I know you'll come up with something that will work good Eric 👍
It did work, pretty much lol
He's fine.... he only mentioned it ONCE!

Nope, I enjoy it. ..... Inside joke.
giphy.gif

Straight razor shave #529

Razor: Belbo
Brush: Maggards badger
Soap: WSP Formula T Black Amber Vanille
Aftershave: WSP Black Amber Vanille balm
EDP: Robert Graham Valour

This was yesterday's shave. I had to search way back in the journal to find the number of my last full shave with a straight razor. I forgot to check the number before the beard assassination shave with the Robert Williams, but this should be pretty accurate. Grabbed the stubby yet oddly wide Belbo and, since it was going in the top 5 soaps video, my tub of Black Amber Vanille. It has been a while since I used the Maggards badger, so that was called up as well.

I am definitely out of practice with the straight, at least in the problem areas. It seemed to come off much more cleanly when I shaved the beard, and I had a little trouble with this shave. The Belbo was passing the HHT with flying colors, so I don't think it was the edge, but who knows? It didn't help that I forgot how thirsty this soap is and underhydrated for the first pass. Three passes and a bit of clean up was enough to net me a DFS+, though I did lop off a small bump on my cheek which required the styptic. No irritation, which was a good thing and possibly a testament to how smooth a Jnat edge can be, even when it came from a hack like myself. Broke out the Robert Graham Valour for the frag of the day. Just love this stuff, and a couple sprays put any difficulties with the shave firmly in the rear view.

FJURSpql.jpg

Back to the grind today, and there was a nice pile of paperwork to go through, which will probably be finished tomorrow at some point. I've been listening to audiobooks a lot lately, and have just finished up Ritualist by Dakota Krout. I'm a sucker for a good LitRPG, and this one didn't disappoint.

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
EDC: Tabac

Watching @elmerPHuD's video yesterday made me realize that it has been ages since I broke out the Tabac, which required rectification ASAP. I went with my first brush, the Semogue 830, and got down to it. Still testing out the longevity of the Wizamet, and this makes shave #6 on this blade. The blade feels like it's just starting to tug but I'll find out whether it is actually degrading on the next shave. Three passes and a bit of clean up left me with a very nice BBS, and a hefty glug of the aftershave lotion followed by another hefty glug of the EDC had me good to go. Sometimes you just need to stand up and shout "Yes, I do smell like my grandmother's handbag on bingo night, and I love it!" My grandmother and her handbag were both exceptional, thank you very much, and it's about time they got a shout out.

lbK072El.jpg

I caught whatever has been going around the second day into my vacation, and have been coughing like a fiend ever since. Fisherman's Friend and some eucalyptus oil in the diffuser have been my friends, and I hope it blows over soon. Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Sometimes you just need to stand up and shout "Yes, I do smell like my grandmother's handbag on bingo night, and I love it!" My grandmother and her handbag were both exceptional, thank you very much, and it's about time they got a shout out.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣............. no!

Sometimes you just need to stand up and shout "Yes, I do smell like my grandmother's handbag on bingo night, and I love it!" My grandmother and her handbag were both exceptional, thank you very much, and it's about time they got a shout out.

I love these 2 sentences more than I can express in words. Also, I break out my D.R. Harris Eucalyptus when I am sick, or PAA Frost Byte or Chiseled Face Cryogen. I also splash on some Polar AS from Oleo every couple of hours. Wet shaving solves everything. Oh if that were true.
yhst-16445739206724_2272_2539008__94563_a7856b48-fc5e-43f5-8aae-0249eff84893_grande.jpeg

giphy.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣............. no!

giphy.gif

Look @MilkCrate Tim! Eric was that guy for you!

You are correct, sir.

I love these 2 sentences more than I can express in words. Also, I break out my D.R. Harris Eucalyptus when I am sick, or PAA Frost Byte or Chiseled Face Cryogen. I also splash on some Polar AS from Oleo every couple of hours. Wet shaving solves everything. Oh if that were true.
View attachment 14689

I know I have a Cryogen sample around here somewhere, but couldn't find it. I had to go a slightly different route to get my menthol fix this morning. Wet shaving may not solve everything, but it does help smooth the road. Pun absolutely intended. :p

Good Shave from yesterday Eric...um...except for the shave... 🤪 You guys and your Tabac. I seriously don't understand it. But hey...It sounds like your grandmother was a hell of a bingo player!

Good Shave from yesterday Eric...um...except for the shave... 🤪 You guys and your Tabac. I seriously don't understand it. But hey...It sounds like your grandmother was a hell of a bingo player!

Bingo player, Women's Airforce Service Pilot, mother of 6. The woman was not to be trifled with lol.

Why don’t Tabac users apply the same logic to Night Music and smelling like a 6 month old with messy pants?
I've never smelled Night Music, but I'd guess it's because Tabac smells awesome.

giphy.gif

Back