The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Great setup ... love the brush!
Thanks Tim! That was the brush that I learned how fine Padauk dust is when it's sanded. It gets into darn near everything, and you can see where it got into the maple in a couple places on the bottom half of the brush. I tried several different things to remove it, then just gave up and finished it as it was lol.

I'll have to look into that soap/AS.
It's worth looking into. The AS I have is a salve, and I'm not sure if they still make it or not. It keeps the scent on my skin for a while, though it needs to be used sparingly. More than a dab and my skin ends up feeling pretty greasy.

First day of a mini vacation. I put in to take my last 4 days of vacation time, which need to be used before February, a couple of months ago. It was somehow reduced to 2 days, which was a bit of a bummer, but combined with my "weekend"(my days off change by the week) I'm still off through Friday. Plus that means that I still have 2 vacation days to use before the end of January, so yay.

Spending a few days with family, which is always nice. My first act of vacation was to change the battery in my iPhone, which was an interesting experience. I've seen specks of dirt that are bigger than the screws they put in this thing, and parts of it felt like performing surgery on a nanite. Nothing has exploded or started smoking, so I think it went pretty well.

Today's will be an evening shave. I decided to be incredibly original and use Stirling Christmas Eve. If extreme relaxation and food coma keeps me from posting, I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday!

Christmas Eve shave

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Christmas Eve
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic

Fantastic shave yesterday evening. The Wizamet continues to deliver, and I’m going to be pulling the trigger on some before the prices get any higher. Three pass BBS followed by a hefty splash of Pitralon Classic, which goes great with the Christmas Eve soap.

Merry Christmas, Cadre!

Great shave. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Eric!

Thanks guys!

No shave this morning. Threw a few frag samples into the suitcase when I was packing and ended up grabbing Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Tresspasser. Love this juice! Fantastic out-of-the-box vanilla frag with tons of longevity and just the right amount of projection.

Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade Wizamet
Brush: Black Walnut tuxedo
Soap: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square

I might go through my DE collection and use them all at least once at some point, but for a while now the 6c with the 4 plate has been my go-to. The Wizamet doesn't feel like it has lost anything yet, which kind of blows me away as it has at least 6 uses on it by now(again, not full shaves, but still impressive). I pulled the trigger on some and they should be here in the next day or two. I felt like a punch-to-the-face leather scent, so Gratiot League Square got the call again. Three passes for another delightful BBS and I was good to go.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Back