The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Hey folks, still alive and kicking. Not a lot to report on the shave front. Still lining up the face-ferret and dreaming of the day I can shave it off. Added a few more frags to the collection, the only noteworthy one being a bottle of Dunhill Century, though I finally got a sample of Green Irish Tweed as well. That was a mistake, because I now need to get a full bottle.

In work related news, we've got our first big fundraiser of the year happening next Thursday so things have been crazy getting everything ready for it.

I've had a little side work as well, though I've barely been down in The Dungeon at all in the last month. Have a small project that has been waiting for me to get to it, and I'll be starting that in the next couple days. The drain in the basement backed up for the first time in 8 months the other day. Looks like it will require snaking the drain to the street every 6 months or so in order to keep the pipes clear of tree roots. It also made me realize that cleaning up pools of sewage water is not on my list of dream jobs. Thank God the area where the drain is located is concrete, and somewhat dished.

I hope everyone is doing well, and hope I get to spend a little more time with you all soon. Have a great day!

Nice recap, Eric. Good luck with the plumbing issue.

Oh, BTW, when you do end up ordering Creed GIT, make sure you're not paying full retail. The frag discount sites are legit and the juice is the real deal.

Nice recap, Eric. Good luck with the plumbing issue.

Oh, BTW, when you do end up ordering Creed GIT, make sure you're not paying full retail. The frag discount sites are legit and the juice is the real deal.

Thanks Chris! I order most of my frags from discount sites, usually two specific ones, and have never had a problem with them. I've checked several full bottles from those two discounters against samples that I received from places that I knew were legit, and they match up perfectly every time.

Love it!
Dang, sorry about the basement! Hope you get some time to play down there soon!
Everything worked out, and nothing important was damaged. I just need to be more proactive about keeping the drain to the street clear in the future.

Well, the ministry I work for is holding our biggest fundraiser of the year tomorrow evening. It has been downright insane around here the last week or so. For anyone so inclined, your prayers would be appreciated as this event will set the tone for the rest of the year.

It is a classy event, so I will be breaking out the black velvet jacket. The only real question is....which frag to go with? I've narrowed it down to five.
  1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa(not super formal, but I love it so much I don't care)
  2. YSL Rive Gauche
  3. Houbigant Fougere Royale
  4. Terre D'Hermes
  5. Valentino Uomo Intense.

The weather should support any of them, though it might be a tad warm for Uomo Intense. Might come down to a roll of the dice.

Back