The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

It's been a while since I posted in here, so I figured I'd toss out a delightful little non-shaving related incident from a little over a week ago. I was finishing up at work at a little after 11pm, and I went to make sure the wood burner was stocked up enough so there would be hot water in the morning. It was pitch black and of course the floodlight was out, so as I stepped over to open the door to the burner, my foot landed right on this:

Fsyeza2.jpg

That is the rake we use to pull the coals up from the back of the burner. It's about 7' tall and the handle is metal. Before I realized I had even stepped on it, it had bounced off my forehead and(since head wounds are big bleeders) blood was pouring down my face. I covered it with my hand and headed to the bathroom. By the time I got there blood was dripping down to my elbow lol. So that was a fun way to end the night. No concussion, thank God, and a few butterfly strips and an ice pack helped close things up quickly. Good times.

Ouch! That really sucks. At first I was thinking of a Three Stooges bit or a Looney Toons scene. But honestly, I am just glad you are okay. That is one big ass rake! Looks to be home made and probably not aluminum. Glad things worked out okay...but man...don't leave that hanging around where you can step anymore. You are too valuable around here! 🤪

Oh man, glad you’re ok! I’ll admit I just gave a chuckle at your expense...sorry! :ROFLMAO:
Lol no need to be sorry. I was laughing about it too. I even took a rare selfie so I could send it to my family to show what a doofus they are related to.
Classic slapstick comedy in real life! Glad you are ok.
Lol thanks Kyle.
Ouch! That really sucks. At first I was thinking of a Three Stooges bit or a Looney Toons scene. But honestly, I am just glad you are okay. That is one big ass rake! Looks to be home made and probably not aluminum. Glad things worked out okay...but man...don't leave that hanging around where you can step anymore. You are too valuable around here! 🤪
The handle is hollow, but made of thick gauge steel, so it's heavy. It really did pack a wallop. A week and a half later and it's still healing. Good thing chicks dig scars lol.
Ow! Security cam footage?
It was "accidentally" destroyed...
Glad you survived it relatively intact
View attachment 3093
Thanks Dave. That's not the first rake GIF I've seen since it happened lol.
Butterfly strips - great invention!
So very true.

Might as well use this to post pics of the most recent couple of Mail Calls:

A few cheapie blind buys that perform well above their price point
rqCxZgK.jpg

and a few that are still quite reasonably priced, and are just awesome
0Sm9IXX.jpg

Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Very nice haul! I just got a bottle of that Nikos Sculpture as well a couple of weeks ago. It isn't quite what I thought it was going to be - not really in my wheelhouse. Maybe when it turns cooler again, it might be better for me.

Very nice haul! I just got a bottle of that Nikos Sculpture as well a couple of weeks ago. It isn't quite what I thought it was going to be - not really in my wheelhouse. Maybe when it turns cooler again, it might be better for me.
Thanks Chris! Sculpture is different than what I was expecting as well. I get a pretty simple soapy scent from it. I don’t really see using it often, but it’ll probably be good for a day when I just want a clean uncomplicated frag.

Back