The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge..... A.K.A. (________) Willy!

@Jaro1069 I'd smoosh that down as much as possible to get all those air pockets out and make the surface as uniform as possible before sitting it out to dry. If not, when you get towards the end of the puck, it's going to start crumbling and falling apart on you.
Thanks KJ for the advice and i'm planning on it , but I can't right this second as it's still a bit gooey and sticks to Everything that touches it !! I need to let it firm up a little more before I can start messing with it much.... After checking it again I think I spoke to soon about it being like bread dough it's more of a cross between overly sticky dough and cottage cheese !!!

Tomorrow's the big day!

Cut_Shave-1.jpg

I think I did it wrong. The soap is crumbly and falls apart easily. Scent is great but the lather is thin and I’m not getting peaks. At first I thought I added too much water when I lathered it but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I can get an acceptable shave out of it but next time I think I need to revisit the process and figure out how I can improve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I did it wrong. The soap is crumbly and falls apart easily. Scent is great but the lather is thin and I’m not getting peaks. At first I thought I added too much water when I lathered it but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I can get an acceptable shave out of it but next time I think I need to revisit the process and figure out how I can improve it.

Do you normally have thinner lather with Williams? I've always found that the puck (or shavings in this case) can really take a lot of water and that a very hydrated puck makes lathering much easier.

Do you normally have thinner lather with Williams? I've always found that the puck (or shavings in this case) can really take a lot of water and that a very hydrated puck makes lathering much easier.

Normally I’ll get a Williams Mug puck to dance for me, no problem at all. I always get a thick, slick lather that performs as good as all the rest. Not this time. Whenever I lather a soap, I always start with minimal water and work my way up until I get a good mixture. Works every time... until this time. One thought that crossed my mind is that I let it air out too long after I grated it and put the aftershave in.

Back