The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge..... A.K.A. (________) Willy!

20 shaves in as of this morning. Donut of soap broke apart on Saturday morning so reformed and pressed into the middle. I'd anticipate a couple more days but it's always the end of these 3017 that shock me at how great a lather can come from such a small amount of soap.

PXL_20210222_184245925.jpg

My ring broke into 3 pieces today towards the end of loading today. I put them back and they may hold for one more shave before I have to smoosh them together in another bowl. Something with more grip. The smooth bowl I have it in now, the loose pieces will just slide around in, but my salsa bowl will hold them better, I hope. Maybe just a few more shaves before the end. I'll probably have a small piece at the end that just goes into my clown puke tub. It's been fun, but I'm really looking forward to this being over. The Roasted Oatmeal Stout is calling my name! I don't mind the Williams 3017, because I know I can be done in a month, but this experience just proves to me how much I would hate to 3017 a normal soap, with a 2-6 month lifespan. Ugh, I can't even imagine how boring that would be.... and torture to not be able to use all the other stuff I have for so long!

My ring broke into 3 pieces today towards the end of loading today. I put them back and they may hold for one more shave before I have to smoosh them together in another bowl. Something with more grip. The smooth bowl I have it in now, the loose pieces will just slide around in, but my salsa bowl will hold them better, I hope. Maybe just a few more shaves before the end. I'll probably have a small piece at the end that just goes into my clown puke tub. It's been fun, but I'm really looking forward to this being over. The Roasted Oatmeal Stout is calling my name! I don't mind the Williams 3017, because I know I can be done in a month, but this experience just proves to me how much I would hate to 3017 a normal soap, with a 2-6 month lifespan. Ugh, I can't even imagine how boring that would be.... and torture to not be able to use all the other stuff I have for so long!
The only saving grace for me is that I get to use a different razor and post shave every day. If it was only one setup, I’d be suffering! Great job JK!

Back