The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

Recently watched Jojo Rabbit. I expected it to be another stereotypical WWII movie with over the top satire (pretty sure it’s billed as a comedy), especially given some of the casting, and zero meaning.

I was very pleasantly surprised! There’s quite a few precious nuggets of truth in there. It’s actually quite heartwarming and charming at its root. Don’t miss out if you get the chance.

Mary Queen of Scots is an excellent movie. Political intrigue and history wrapped up into one engrossing film.

How about some Christmas movie faves?! What movies or shows make the holiday season merrier for you and yours? I'll start off with a few to get the ball rolling.
My avatar for December will be Fred MacMurray, early in the movie Remember the Night, he is shaving when the phone rings. Nice Christmas movie with Barbara Stanwyck (her other Christmas movie I cana think of is Christmas in Connecticut).

My wife and I love watching many versions of A Christmas Carol, mainly sticking with ones close to the book. At last count, I think there are 6 we *must* see!

The Cary Grant, David Niven, and Loretta Young version of the Bishop's Wife is another must see for us.

And of course, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) are faves from our childhoods.

How about other Cadre classic Christmas shows?

How about some Christmas movie faves?!
Always watch Muppet Christmas Carol (w Michael Caine), Christmas Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas, and Thanksgiving through New Years one or other or all of the Harry Potter movies is free game to play at any time.

Last week my sister in law came over the Sunday after Thanksgiving. She usually comes to Thanksgiving that we host each year but this was the first year in a long time she was unable to make it. So she came over Sunday and stayed until the Thursday after. On Wednesday during the day while my wife was out at a meeting she and I watched I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. I love this movie. A Wayans Brothers production. A hilarious parody on black exploitation movies. And a star studded cast.

Keenan Ivory Wayans
Antonio Fargas (remember Huggy Bear from Baretta?)
Isaac Hayes
Jim Brown (yes, that Jim Brown the football player)
Damon Wayans
Gary Owens (as himself)
David Alan Greir
Chris Rock (very very young; a brief but hilarious appearance)

I've seen this movie too many times to count. And I find it hysterical every time.

Always watch Muppet Christmas Carol (w Michael Caine), Christmas Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas, and Thanksgiving through New Years one or other or all of the Harry Potter movies is free game to play at any time.
Elf! We watch that every year too. How could I forget Elf...

In other news, just saw the trailer for the new Ghost Busters! I’m onboard that hype train!

Finally finished up The Irishman. It was an OK story...some kind of attempt at an semi-investigative/storytelling thing. I didn’t think it was anything special.

Typical Scorsese...pretty typical for all that group actually.

Back