The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Whether you went to a fancy theater, rented something On Demand, bought a Blu Ray, rented a Red Box, saw something on HBO, or stayed up late and watched something on USA...tell us about the latest movie you saw and liked. You can tell us about that movie you hated...but where is the fun in that!

Went and saw the movie Hereditary this past weekend. Let me tell you...I was really surprised. I am typically not a horror/thriller type movie watcher (mostly because I have seen enough bad things in real life...I don't need to watch a movie about it), but this one was really freaking good. Great acting and great story line. Very much in the style of The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby. It is what my wife calls a "slow burn." At one point in the movie I literally (and yes I mean literally) yelled out loud, "OH MY GOD!" Critics seam to love this movie, but audiences are giving it mixed reviews. Personally...I think it's worth spending a saw buck to go see it in the theater!

That one is on my list.

I took the kids to see Incredibles 2 a couple days ago. Very good. If you liked the first one.... 14 years ago.... you’ll like this one. I think it was actually better than the first one.

That one is on my list.

I took the kids to see Incredibles 2 a couple days ago. Very good. If you liked the first one.... 14 years ago.... you’ll like this one. I think it was actually better than the first one.

Oh, I plan on seeing the Incredibles 2. And I don't have kids .

Since having two very young kids my movie watching has plummeted. Maybe this will be another video I record. I own over 600 blurays!!! I love movies! I am so behind on the Marvel since my daughter was born. That I watched does the first time on Saturday, Dr. Strange. Please no spoilers for future films. But I felt like this one was a little slow and could've been done better.

No kids here either but Incredibles is on the list to see also. Don't go out to movies much anymore as 2 tickets will pretty much get you the dvd.

No new ones recently, but I did sit with the wife the other night and we watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil again. Awesome movie!

Yesterday was Adrift. The story (based on real events) of a couple who got caught in a hurricane on a crossing of the Pacific in 1983 between Tahiti and San Diego. Starring Shalaine Woodley and Sam Claflin. Very well done.

A week or so ago, it was Ocean's 8. It was actually pretty good. Sandra Bullock as Danny Ocean's sister and the lead.

Yesterday was Adrift. The story (based on real events) of a couple who got caught in a hurricane on a crossing of the Pacific in 1983 between Tahiti and San Diego. Starring Shalaine Woodley and Sam Claflin. Very well done.

A week or so ago, it was Ocean's 8. It was actually pretty good. Sandra Bullock as Danny Ocean's sister and the lead.

I saw the preview for Adrift and I thought to myself...that is a movie that won't end well. But I'm glad you saw it. It likely won't make it on my to see list at the theater...but I will likely catch it when it makes it to Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc.

Ocean's 8 does seem like a movie I will try to catch though!

I’m a big horror movie buff. Re-watching Hellraiser I, II, and III this fine Sunday. Discussing with my tattoo artist about possibly getting a Pinhead tattoo.

I’m a big horror movie buff. Re-watching Hellraiser I, II, and III this fine Sunday. Discussing with my tattoo artist about possibly getting a Pinhead tattoo.

You know, I have only seen parts of those movies. My wife loves them though.

I've been meaning to get back to this thread but keep forgetting. The wife and I saw the latest iteration of Jurassic Park/World. A lot of action and really fun to watch. Though this movie was a little heavy on the philosophical aspect. All in all it's a great summer blockbuster!

We watched Selfless a couple days ago. We had both forgotten we'd already seen it, and neither of us could remember what happened, so we watched it again. Pretty good movie about a very successful gentleman who is dying from cancer and learns of a secret company that will transfer your mind/thoughts/memories into a host body.

Just re-watched OMG We're In a Horror Movie. Independent film along the lines of Scary Movie. Some critics didn't like it, but I enjoy it.

Just re-watched OMG We're In a Horror Movie. Independent film along the lines of Scary Movie. Some critics didn't like it, but I enjoy it.

I only listen to critics when it aligns to with my views!

The power went out last night and the wife and I were not interested in sitting in the dark sweating our butts off and fussing at each other to close the door to fridge...or whatnot. So we did what you are supposed to do when the power goes out...go see a movie!

This was a perfect opportunity to go see The Incredibles ii. I really like the movie...I mean...how can you not like a movie that feature a baby with super powers fighting a raccoon! It was a great movie to make you laugh and forget about...well anything!

It did appear they "upgraded" the animation a bit and some of the characters were a little more "life like." I rally wish they would have left the animation alone and gone with the styles of people they had before. But over all...it was a really fun movie!

Today's lineup included Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, The Apartment and The Way We Were - all without changing the station. (TMC) And in that order. The Way We Were I was only half watching though. I don't think I had seen The Apartment all the way through before. (Jack Lemmon, Shirley Maclaine, Fred McMurray)

Today's lineup included Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, The Apartment and The Way We Were - all without changing the station. (TMC) And in that order. The Way We Were I was only half watching though. I don't think I had seen The Apartment all the way through before. (Jack Lemmon, Shirley Maclaine, Fred McMurray)
I'm not sure if I have ever seen The Apartment...but I love Jack Lemmon!

Watched The Incredibles 1 last night, so all set for the Second now

The first Incredibles is still one of my favorite animated movies!

Back