The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

Shang Chi

For the most part, a pretty good movie. There were a few directorial and artistic issues that made things a bit silly in the back of my mind…but I enjoyed it overall. The kids liked it too.

Shang Chi

For the most part, a pretty good movie. There were a few directorial and artistic issues that made things a bit silly in the back of my mind…but I enjoyed it overall. The kids liked it too.
It's definitely on my short list to watch.

Watched Tenet yesterday while the wife was sick. I know a lot of people ripped it...for what ever reason. I thought it was an okay movie. It lacked what some of Christopher Nolan usually brings to the table. But was still a watchable and entertaining film. I really think the film was a bit over ambitious. It lacked some details, glossed over others. Failed to punch home that emotion his better films like "Momento" did. I didn't think John David Washington played a bad part as "Protagonist." But he wasn't all that believable either. Needed someone who could carry that roll better, like a younger Idris Elba. Anyway...it's worth a watch, but I wish the movie had a little more attention to detail.

My wife's work had their departmental holiday Christmas Cheer via ZOOM this afternoon. Based on the recommendation of a coworker's answer to "What's a Christmas tradition at your house?", we just finished watching this movie. For her, it was her first time seeing it! :eek:

1639021897058.png

Saw the new Matrix. Really good. Interesting plot & story.
Was it as good as the first one? The others? Going to watch this soon. Our TV in the living room died on us just before Christmas so we took advantage of a sale and upgraded from what we had. So now that we have a really nice TV in the living room...I want to watch the new matrix movies on that. Kind of hard though when the kiddo is in bead around 7:30 PM.

Watching the new Matrix movie now. This is a big flaming pile of poo poo. I feel like I have watched better movies on the Sci-Fi Channel.
Really??? The sci-fi channel is the hallmark channel for men. Just recycled 3 plots, I'd hope with the money they threw at it, the movie would be better than that

Really??? The sci-fi channel is the hallmark channel for men. Just recycled 3 plots, I'd hope with the money they threw at it, the movie would be better than that
Nope it wasn’t. In fact I didn’t even finish it. It is seriously one of the worst ill conceived pieces of cinematography I have ever seen. I would rather watch the hallmark channel at Christmas time. At least they have Danica McKellar.

Back