The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

In the category of movies I'd watch repeatedly, I watched large portions of Godfather and Godfather II today. Both strong 4-5B contenders.

Just watched Shawshank Redemption again last night.

I think it's probably become my favorite movie. I watch it at least once a year over the last 8yrs or so now.

11:55, almost midnight...... Enough time for one more story. One more story before 12......, just to keep us warm. In five minutes, it will be the 21st of April.

One hundred years ago on the 21st of April, out in the waters around Spivey Point, a small clipper ship drew toward land. Suddenly, out of the night, the fog rolled in. For a moment, they could see nothing, not a foot in front of them. Then, they saw a light. By God, it was a fire burning on the shore, strong enough to penetrate the swirling mist!!!!.
They steered a course toward the light. But it was a campfire, like this one!!!! The ship crashed against the rocks, the hull sheared in two, mast snapped like a twig. The wreckage sank, with all the men aboard. At the bottom of the sea, lay the Elizabeth Dane, with her crew and their lungs filled with salt water, their eyes open, staring to the darkness. And above, as suddenly as it come, the fog lifted, receded back across the ocean and never came again.

But it is told by the fishermen, and their fathers and grandfathers that when the fog returns to Antonio Bay, the men at the bottom of the sea, out in the water by Spivey Point will rise up and search for the campfire that led them to their dark, icy death.........12: 00, the 21st of April.......

Will be watching this tonight!!!

57484578_2286458284743580_500237761542881280_n.jpg

giphy.gif

Ok, I just found something really funny. I'm watching the episodes of Heist on Netflix that have to do with Pappygate. Near the beginning of the first episode, this guy that sees himself as a dude's dude is talking about another guy and says "I'm not gay, but that's a good-looking man". Fair enough. But then goes on explaining how there's basically a competition between the guys of working out, showing up at softball with shaved arms and spandex shirts. In his words "to impress other guys". I'm just cracking up inside thinking for not a gay guy, ya sound pretty gay. :ROFLMAO:

Exorcist 3. Definitely not the gore fest that some are that I like, and not really "scary", but everything about this movie is done very well. One of my all time favorites.

In the spirit of the season I'll offer up a recommendation for a couple I've watched recently..

"The Autopsy of Jane Doe" - I was really impressed with this one. A slow burner that ratchets up the creep-factor as the movie goes on. Great pacing and I found the end satisfying. 💀💀💀💀💀

"Devil" - Everything happens for a reason. Five strangers find themselves trapped in an elevator. What starts as simply an annoyance turns into terror as they realize one of them is "Old Scratch" himself. 💀💀💀💀

Has anyone watched Dune (the new one) yet? I am hearing a lot of mixed reviews from people. Just curious.

Back