The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Movie Thread

Watching John Carpenter’s “They Live” tonight.

“And I’m all out of bubble gum.” [emoji16]

I saw Roddy Piper wrestle Randy "Macho Man" Savage live at the Johnson City, TN Parks and Rec Center. Cage match. Blood. I was 14. It was amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Over the last couple weeks, we’ve been sticking to some classics.

Karate Kid I, II, and III

Tonight is Stand and Deliver

Watched the new kids movie called Animal Crackers on Netflix. Kids really enjoyed it and it even had a few laughs for adults. Those of you with kids give it a go.

Planet of the Sharks. So here we are: the ice caps have melted, covering much of the planet in water. As if that weren't bad enough, a school of very mean sharks is wreaking havoc on the oceans. The best scientific minds on earth are working to corral and destroy the mean sharks, but one explosive attempt resulted in a tidal wave, which they successfully rode out. Spoiler Alert: Disaster averted. The best and bravest scientific minds tapped into the mean sharks' leader's communication signals and turned them against themselves. Positively brilliant!
2E8C507E-317E-4A6E-8D7E-46CE24EFBCDF_1_201_a.jpeg

Planet of the Sharks. So here we are: the ice caps have melted, covering much of the planet in water. As if that weren't bad enough, a school of very mean sharks is wreaking havoc on the oceans. The best scientific minds on earth are working to corral and destroy the mean sharks, but one explosive attempt resulted in a tidal wave, which they successfully rode out. Spoiler Alert: Disaster averted. The best and bravest scientific minds tapped into the mean sharks' leader's communication signals and turned them against themselves. Positively brilliant!
View attachment 33440
Saturday Night Live Ok GIF by HULU - Find & Share on GIPHY

Long-time readers know well my proclivity for reviewing obscure documentaries. Today's installment is "Piranha 3DD", an eye-opening study of the consequences of one man's greed. Astute readers may recall the tragic events of Lake Victoria, the summer resort closed after becoming infested with a strain of Piranha thought to be extinct. Unfortunately, though the Piranha were eradicated from this lake, enough retreated to an underground lake, where they repopulated, undisturbed. Some years later, a man opens a water park, tapping into the underground lake for its water supply. I don't want to give too much away, but suffice it to say that Piranha are opportunistic feeders. Below is a photo of one fish meeting its fate at the hands of a skilled teenager.

David Hasselhoff lives!

CCA3AEFD-E6DA-486E-B98D-C3EB15259776_1_201_a.jpeg

Back