The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Was reading more on chilli's then ever since this challenge and found these little things called pearls. How hot are they? What are they classed as?

Was reading more on chilli's then ever since this challenge and found these little things called pearls. How hot are they? What are they classed as?
No idea. I searched and all I found was a black pearl pepper.

So let me ask you this, did the hiccups hurt at all? Just curious,

Thanks again for getting roped into this. Always fun to have you around.... You make good things better!
Thanks KJ for the kind words! As to answer your question...no...the hiccups didn't hurt at all. I will say though...that when the camera stopped rolling...I did have a nice sized burp that had a bit of acid that got in my throat. Now that did burn a bit.

Great video Don.

Not one of you talked about how painful it is leaving the body. Hmm maybe these are all bell peppwrs. Except for Chris his was obvious lol.
I can honestly say this isn't usually a problem for me. Every know and then I will get what my wife calls "hot rim" after eating buffalo wings...but while I think this might be in part do to the heat...I think it might have a lot to do with the oils that are used to make the sauce. Vegetable Oils and other Man Made fats are really hard to digest and have to go somewhere...

Great job Don! I can't believe that my Thai peppers we such a different size. I would say that the were a different pepper but the guy who grew then said they were Thai so I take his word for it.
You know...I thought the same thing. But from the little experience that I have growing peppers, they can be affected greatly by a lot of factors such as soil, water, and heat. I have seen some bell peppers that don't look like bell peppers at all. Just a thought.

Could have done while eating peppers......Going to watch his video now

I could not have shaved while eating that pepper! I could barely talk!

"Oh Dear....... Oh Dear.......... OH DEAR!" -
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Nice video Rich! Glad you took the challenge.

The Anaheim pepper you mentioned is much weaker than a Jalapeno. The Serrano, is going to be a little hotter than the Jalapeno. The little orange one you have is a Habanero.

Congrats on your Victory! Looking forward to more!

Great job Rich!

"If you got to swallow a toad do it in the morning" great words of wisdom.???

Great video Don.

Not one of you talked about how painful it is leaving the body. Hmm maybe these are all bell peppwrs. Except for Chris his was obvious lol.
In like a habanero, out like a pepperoncini the time between was pretty bad. I simply could not sleep the night following my personal hold-my-beer moment, I was uncomfortable and restless all night.

So in case you missed it in my VLOG or Chris' journal.... Chris said he'd look for peppers today so hopefully we'll see a video from him tonight. That said, I'll probably do my next pepper challenge this evening too.... The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion!!!

KJ my religious tradition doesn't usually do last rites but I would make an exception let me know.

Good luck. Where's my popcorn.

I'm going going to eat any peppers so I can't really say anything. If I could say something, it would be ENOUGH YAPPING AND MORE VIDEOS!

Excellent video Chris. Kudos on going all in, and going with the Habanero!

You got some nice bragging rights now. Not many people can say they've eaten a Habanero. Good Show.

So I will for sure be moving on to the Scorpion Pepper.

So Here's where we are at with videos:

KJ: Serrano, Bolovian Rainbow/Thai Chili, Habanero
John (Monkey): Thai Chili, Green Habanero, Orange Habanero
Chris (CBL): Jalapeno, Habanero
Chris (GearNoir): Habanero
Don (Of the Danger Variety): Thai Chili
Dave (KY): Serrano
Rich (Major): Jalapeño
Dave (Nurse): Milk & Cookies.....

I'm really impressed that you all have made so many and they are all great. I know at least Don (and maybe Rich?) will make at least one more video. And I may have a few tricks up my sleeve as well, to keep this interesting. I'd love for these videos to keep coming in!

Back