The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

I apologize- I’m ignorant to the process. Are the contraptions on top some type of fermentor?
Air locks. Oxygen is the enemy of fermentation. Mold can’t grow in a zero oxygen environment. Fermentation produces carbon dioxide, so eventually the headspace becomes all CO2, and it cannot go bad at that point.

Air locks: A force for Good.
alienairlock4-crop-original-original.gif

The complete crazy that was our weather this year and a very sudden attack by hornworms pretty much did in all my peppers this year. Will have to give it a go again next year.

The complete crazy that was our weather this year and a very sudden attack by hornworms pretty much did in all my peppers this year. Will have to give it a go again next year.
yep we lost all but a few Jalapenos

4182A1B6-AB50-4B53-82AA-117EF1D0256A.jpegMy third batch of sauce (2nd this season). Got just over 4 gallons going right now. 8 different sauces. Small jars are 3 special requests for a friend. 2 gallon batches are old favorites, and 3 new half gallon sauces. Be ready in time for giving out as Christmas gifts!

Well got the sauces made this afternoon. Started by peeling 4 bulbs of my first attempt at black garlic(ended up more of a chocolate brown but still really good). This was used half in each batch of sauce.
20211008_113324.jpg

Then I got the peppers sliced and simmering with a few other things.
Round 1 was 12 oz cherry hot peppers 4 oz habanero and 1.5ish oz of ghosts.
20211008_171019.jpg

And after blending
20211008_180736.jpg
Then round 2, 12 oz habanero 4 oz cherry hots, 1.5ish oz reapers.
20211008_191114.jpg
And blended(first batch bottle for color difference)
20211008_194410.jpg

Overall they are pretty good. Round 2 tastes the best and is stupid hot.

Back