The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

So you’re not doing fermented sauces this time @uacowboy ?
Not this time. I didn't like how much flavor is lost. If I can get my plants to do better next year then I may do a fermentation for the super hots and then fresh habaneros and other ingredients for flavor. This sauce also includes olive oil so with the vinegar you get a creamy emulsion.

Lost?? If you ask on the fermentation pages why do you ferment, 90% of the answers are because of the flavor you gain through fermenting.
You get different flavors. Some develop from the fermentation, others are lost. I prefer the flavors from the unfermented. Habaneros for example no longer have their sweet/citrusy flavors.

Didn't see anyone do the New Paqui Chip. Not bad. Here is a video from some of us a church picnic this summer.

Last edited:
Had some of this on my eggs this morning. It was really, really good, but I have to be sparing with it since there is sugar in the sauce. It is very sweet and fruity.

Put this one on my eggs this morning. I have seen this one on the shelves for years and overlooked it because gimmick labels are a turn-off for me. I decided to finally pick this one up because I am watching the "Hot Ones" back catalog and this sauce appears some of the early shows. The comments on the sauce peaked my interest, so I picked it up. I wish I had given it a try years ago. This is a very tasty damn good sauce with a much milder heat than I was expecting.

EDIT: I will add that the lack of heat is a minor drawback.

This one is good on eggs, if you don't mind the crunch of pepper flakes. It also has decent heat.
I have the "Extra Hot" version. Yum.

It pairs well with this:
which is mild.

Back