The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Aka miso has a nice Asian flavor. I like that one. Haven’t tried the other one.

Learning as I go! Here are the labels for the new sauces that we have going right now, and I'm in the process of bottling. I'm about halfway done and ran out of bottles so I had to order more.

Scary Spice and Smoke & Fire are updates of the two fan favorites from last year. Both contain many types of peppers, carrots, onions, garlic, and shallots. The only difference is the peppers are smoked in the latter. I'll probably end up with about 25-30 bottles of each (these are the only batches I have left to bottle.

Fina'denne' - I'm so excited about this sauce. Make with Ti'au Boonies (from Guam), Thai Chilis, and garlic. Then instead of thinning with the brine, I added a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar in homage to the traditional Fina'denne' dipping sauce & marinade from Guam. It's so good and loaded with Umami. My son said it's the best sauce I've made so far. I will definitely be making more of this next year.

Cosmic Habanero - this one was a mild failure from an aesthetic standpoint. My goal was to make a purple sauce. The goal was to use white ghost peppers and garlic, hoping the white base would easily take the purple tint from Butterfly Pea Flowers. Well, our white ghost pepper plant ended up not being a white ghost pepper plant after all. I decided to use a yellow habanero and proceed with it as an experiment. Upon initial blending, the sauce was a pukey-green color.... weird. I added more pea flower and it went to a brown-ish color. I added some more and it finally took on a burgandy purple-ish color. Not what I wanted, but oh well. I'll get the right peppers next year. Oddly, after is sits a bit it some of the green starts to separate out.... again weird. Separation is normal with homemade sauces and a little shake gets things back to normal, but the color separating is a new one. Taste wise? It's hot and garlicy. Like a hotter version of my previous Cherry Bomb/garlic sauce. (that I know many of you have tried)

Pineapple Habanero is an update from one of my first batches. This has onions, garlic and carrots in it to round out the flavor.

The last three are small batches of 5-6 bottles each. Bespoke sauces, if you will. They only contain what is listed on the label. I was asked by a friend if I could make some specific sauces for her in those combinations. She wanted two bottles of each, but figured I'd make enough to have a couple spares and so I could try it myself.

Once I get these all bottled and labeled, I'll post a pic.

Rnd 2 Sauces.png

Sunflower seeds were no big deal. Actually would make a nice snack. The bear was just gross. Way to hard, just tasted like raw gelatin and then pure capsicum extra heat and pain. I made it through, but it was just so unrefined and unenjoyable.

Sunflower seeds were no big deal. Actually would make a nice snack. The bear was just gross. Way to hard, just tasted like raw gelatin and then pure capsicum extra heat and pain. I made it through, but it was just so unrefined and unenjoyable.
Thanks, good feedback.
I still have fond and horrifying memories of eating one of @Spider 's raw ghost peppers on one of my first zoom calls. Everyone got to watch as I writhed in pain, wept man tears, and saw the face of god. Good times!
Good Times Indeed!

Make it hot this time!
Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Back