The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

I'm used to the mild heat of Frank's (under 1k), so jumping that far out is a bit daunting.

Thank you for the kind offer... If it goes well, I may come back and ask if it still stands. [emoji846]

That's a good idea, thanks.

Usually, I put red-hot sauce on chicken or such. That may help spreading it out without using too much. [emoji106]

Well, I've had a chance to use the Mexico Lindo a few times now... About 1/5th of the way through the bottle. It's hotter than Frank's, but not as much as I'd have expected based on the numbers (170-something time as hot? Nope, not even close).

Might try something a bit hotter next. I'm just glad this one was tolerable... even enjoyable. 👍

Well, I've had a chance to use the Mexico Lindo a few times now... About 1/5th of the way through the bottle. It's hotter than Frank's, but not as much as I'd have expected based on the numbers (170-something time as hot? Nope, not even close).

Might try something a bit hotter next. I'm just glad this one was tolerable... even enjoyable. 👍
one thing to note is how they are marketing. Some sauces will brag about the Sauces Scoville #, while others kinda trick you by saying it was "made with" something that has the high Scoville #, but the final product is actually much lower.

Yeah, I've looked at that before. $10+ for a Gummy Bear? Ouch. Plus I'm on keto every time I look at it and don't really want to deviate from that.

Today we had wings from Buffalo Wild Wings today and I ordered the new Carolina Reaper blazin wings. Now I use to eat their blazin wings because they tasted good and then accouple of years ago they changed it. Their new recipe didn't taste good at all so I was excited to try the new sauce. They haven't rated how hot they are but the old ones were at 350,000.
These wings were a big disappointment. I ate a few and it has very little Reaper taste, just a a slight taste on the back of the tongue. They do taste better than the last recipe but I wouldn't say they taste good.....not offensive though. As far as heat goes, let me just say I had eaten 6 before my nose started running. I finished 10 and had some snot going but my eyes didn't even water. I almost feel that their wild was hotter.

Today we had wings from Buffalo Wild Wings today and I ordered the new Carolina Reaper blazin wings. Now I use to eat their blazin wings because they tasted good and then accouple of years ago they changed it. Their new recipe didn't taste good at all so I was excited to try the new sauce. They haven't rated how hot they are but the old ones were at 350,000.
These wings were a big disappointment. I ate a few and it has very little Reaper taste, just a a slight taste on the back of the tongue. They do taste better than the last recipe but I wouldn't say they taste good.....not offensive though. As far as heat goes, let me just say I had eaten 6 before my nose started running. I finished 10 and had some snot going but my eyes didn't even water. I almost feel that their wild was hotter.
the highest i go on their sauces is the mango habanero. after that it's pretty much just spicy vinegar chicken and that isn't what i want to eat much of. lol

Well I received this today from John. Thank you!

I had to try it immediately. I grabbed a few pieces of cold chicken from the fridge and tried a few drops. It was good. Quite spicy, but in the realm of edible.

I then heated up a plate of the leftover chicken and was probably a little too liberal with the sauce. Holy moly! The theme of this stuff needs to be moderation, for me.

I wonder if I actually used too much, or if my heat tolerance just isn't up to snuff. [emoji2369]

Nonetheless, thanks again @The Monkey !
ba9444028bd13f636cadc56b45c00708.jpg

Back