The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

@Spider Well I at least liked the video :p
tenor.png

Found some new hot sauce that I just have to have......

I've read about the connection before, and how the pain response between the two is very similar. Now to see if I can actually track some down..... especially here in the States.

Found some new hot sauce that I just have to have......

I've read about the connection before, and how the pain response between the two is very similar. Now to see if I can actually track some down..... especially here in the States.
Why not just buy it from the guy

Edit - I guess it's out of stock at the moment

OK, so I've been getting Amber used to some of my hot sauces. We've been sampling them, going up through the heat scale on the Hot Ones, Season 8 lineup with a few others spattered in there. Usually we do a couple then stop, and give her some time to recover. Well last night we only had 3 left, culminating with The Last Dab (2M SHU). Like me, she absolutely loves the flavor of the super hot sauces...... and weirdly, she actually had more trouble with the sauces in the medium range than she did in the hot range.

Then, later that night we had hot wings for dinner. Most of our wings were traditional, using the Valentina extra hot, which is only like 2,100 SHU. But we made two each of a few others to try:

Los Calientes - 36,000
Torchbearer Garlic Reaper - 116,000
Da Bomb Beyond Insanity - 135,600
Hot Ones The Last Dab - 2M

Now, I'll preface this by saying that when we were going through our samplings, Da Bomb was here favorite sauce taste wise, and she didn't think it was too hot. But we only had a dab on a spoon. Even I was not prepared for how hot this was going to be actually drenched on a wing. She ate one with Da Bomb, and that was her last wing. So I finished her other one and had to eat all 4 that had The Last Dab on it. My lips were on fire. I think she ate two glasses of ice cubes trying to soothe the pain, lol.

Da Bomb is some crazy stuff. It's super spicy and so much worse than the other sauces.... everyone on the show says it too. Must be because it's more about extracts than the heat coming naturally from peppers. That makes a difference.

She said when she woke up she had some stomach pains, and in hindsight, we did eat those wings on a pretty empty stomach, which I always avoid for challenges. So, she's still down to actually go through the Hot One's Challenge, eventually.... we'll just need to prep a little better for that. LOL.

I forgot to add.... After I got to work today, and poured a cup of coffee from my thermos. My hands griped my now hot coffee mug for a minute or so, and the heat reactivated the residual capsaicin that was amazingly still on my fingers, despite having washed them about 7-8 times since the night before.

Also, a little late in posting, but Amber and I did the April Subscription Box together...

Back