The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Great video guys. Amber, thanks for bringing KJ back and joining him. (y)
We actually filmed that a couple weeks ago. It’s been online, I just wanted to make the announcement video before I posted it. Oddly, I filmed that announcement with a similar challenge a while back, and was just waiting to make my intro and outro to put I together. I made those and then couldn’t find my announcement video, so had to do it again. This time around it was much worse.

I just received the June Subscription Box today. It’s going to take us a few days before we get a chance to film it, but this will give you some time to watch last months video if you haven’t caught up. Any feedback is welcome.

My feedback is you need something hotter. What fun is it watching someone that can handle the heat?

My feedback is you need something hotter. What fun is it watching someone that can handle the heat?
I can handle all the heat..... but now I have someone with me with a lesser tolerance. Doesn’t that make it more interesting?

After watching solo shave of the day videos the first thing that popped into my head when I started the video with both of you in it was that episode of Big Bang where Sheldon has Amy on his “fun with flags” show. Move over Sheldon and Amy’s Fun With Flags, KJ and Amber’s hedonist subscription box reviews are coming.

Hot sauce and Wine ...I wish I could enjoy both as much as those who REALLY enjoy them do. I just get pain and fermented grape. My wife saw some chocolate covered jalapeños at the ice cream shop and asked if I wanted one. Being sensitive to milk products the only thing I could think of was “FIRE IN THE HOLE” so I declined. But the whole episode left me curious enough I might want to try peanut butter stuffed chocolate coated jalapeños someday.

Not exactly a HOT pepper thing but I have made a plate of Peanut butter and roasted marshmallow stuffed, chocolate covered jalapenos that is bringing me enjoyment. By scraping out the insides and filling as I have the fire has been extinguished leaving only the pepper's vegi-flavor. Jalapenos have a distinct flavor so having the heat removed allows that flavor to be enjoyed (if you enjoy the flavor). I would like to do the same with a habanero to see if I can coax the unique flavor out. We usually eat a mango habanero salsa that is enjoyable but not hot, perhaps a stuffed and coated habanero would be tasty too. If I recall correctly from KJ's exploits he said the Habanero and at least one other HOT *** pepper had a pleasing taste beyond the heat.

Not exactly a HOT pepper thing but I have made a plate of Peanut butter and roasted marshmallow stuffed, chocolate covered jalapenos that is bringing me enjoyment. By scraping out the insides and filling as I have the fire has been extinguished leaving only the pepper's vegi-flavor. Jalapenos have a distinct flavor so having the heat removed allows that flavor to be enjoyed (if you enjoy the flavor). I would like to do the same with a habanero to see if I can coax the unique flavor out. We usually eat a mango habanero salsa that is enjoyable but not hot, perhaps a stuffed and coated habanero would be tasty too. If I recall correctly from KJ's exploits he said the Habanero and at least one other HOT *** pepper had a pleasing taste beyond the heat.
My curiosity asks: where did you come up with the idea to make a peanut butter and roasted marshmallow stuffed chocolate covered jalapeno? I'm not saying it sounds bad - it's just a combination that would never have popped into my head!

My curiosity asks: where did you come up with the idea to make a peanut butter and roasted marshmallow stuffed chocolate covered jalapeno? I'm not saying it sounds bad - it's just a combination that would never have popped into my head!
I like peanut butter, I wanted a reason to roast marshmallows and my wife pointed out some chocolate covered jalapenos at an ice cream shop. I couldn't imagine just dipping jalapenos in chocolate without stuffing them with something and I am tired of stuffing them with cream cheese so peanut butter it was. I would loved to have put bacon in or on them somewhere but i didn't know where. The peanut butter is a lot like cream cheese when used in the pepper, you don't get the pb taste as much as you think. Maybe I'll just fill them with bacon crumble then dip in chocolate...yeah!

If I recall correctly from KJ's exploits he said the Habanero and at least one other HOT *** pepper had a pleasing taste beyond the heat.
Habaneros have probably the best flavor of all the peppers. Very sweet and fruity taste... until the heat hits at least.

Back