The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Wow! You broke the internets there! Stunt shaving and an appearance of the Roll Tide razor!.

Dumb question of the morning, as I've been trying for some time now. How to control what picture shows on the teaser on the YouTube channel. Mine appear to take a random frame from the clip. I must be missing something. It would seem that would be an easy thing, I like the pepper picture at the beginning of your series'

Dumb question of the morning, as I've been trying for some time now. How to control what picture shows on the teaser on the YouTube channel. Mine appear to take a random frame from the clip. I must be missing something. It would seem that would be an easy thing, I like the pepper picture at the beginning of your series'

You need to go into the creator studio, then edit your video. Once there, YT gives you 3 randomly generated images to choose from. If you don't like those, you can upload your own picture and use that. This is the thing I hate the most about YT. I wish you could just pick a scene from your video yourself to use.

I think you are also required to validate your YT account before being allowed to select a screen photo. If you are uploading a video longer than 10 or 15 minutes you have already validated the account because they also limit video sizes until you've validated. I think they use an algorithm that identifies the strangest face or most awkward moment it can find to make it all more fun.

I think they use an algorithm that identifies the strangest face or most awkward moment it can find to make it all more fun.

Ha! It's weird, because it doesn't seem to matter how long my videos are, the generated image is nearly identical. I only change the pic if I have a really weird face. Changing the pic is just too much work for me.

KJ, where are we in our video count standing? I found this thread on the 3rd page, are we done?

Okay...got some habanero and Trinidad Scorpion peppers from KJ. Looks like I'll be making some videos soon!

Good times, good times. Zero to “oh my, what have I done?” in no time.

The monkey has done it! John, you’re Da Man! Congrats on matching me.

Im a man of my word, and I will do the reaper. You all have met my requirements. But in case you haven’t read my journal, I just had surgery, and am in recovery, so it’ll be a while before I can do it. But I am looking forward to it. I just hope my peppers stay fresh long enough.

Also, looking forward to your videos Don!

The monkey has done it! John, you’re Da Man! Congrats on matching me.

Im a man of my word, and I will do the reaper. You all have met my requirements. But in case you haven’t read my journal, I just had surgery, and am in recovery, so it’ll be a while before I can do it. But I am looking forward to it. I just hope my peppers stay fresh long enough.

Also, looking forward to your videos Don!

Sorry about the surgery. Maybe the "Good Drugs" would help with the Creeper, just saying.

Back