The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

So Chris we need a Scorpion eater!

You're volunteering yourself for the job! Awesome!

Not sure if you were watching, but you, KJ, and Rich had a heck of an easier time than I did with the habanero...I think a scorpion would send me to the hospital, if the ambulance even made it on time, lol.

Technical difficulties have delayed the video. Hopefully I'll be able to get it uploaded tomorrow after work.

1f629.png

Man Rich, you are so darned mellow all the time. You know it’s a hot pepper when you burp and the gas burns your eyes and nose.

I thought about eating a pepper while shaving but I’m not a fan of the Joker look. I know it wouldn’t end well. I’m eager to see such a thing.

And as far as mailing peppers goes I’m pretty sure it is possible to be charged with a federal crime for doing so. All you need is a postmaster with an attitude. It’s not the transportation of fresh veggies that’s the problem it’s the weapons grade capsaicin bombs. I swear I read something on the USPS site about peppers specifically...but I could be delusional. Besides, if the rules are so complex they couldn’t be meant to be enforced

In rereading the USPS compendium on shipping and mailing I find a reference in hazardous materials section 6.1 “irritating chemicals” which includes tear gas. Only by digging further did I find an exclusion for tear gas containing capsaicin oleoresins. If they allow capsaicin based tear gas I think your hot peppers are good to go.

These hold my beer moments are getting pretty bold. Shaving and going through pepper pains. You all are crazy! Keep em coming!

Great Video Dave! It's official!

I bet the shave helps a little bit. Not necessarily that the distraction helps with the pain.... but it helps the time go by quicker.

You kept a pretty calm demeanor throughout. I'm impressed. You've got your bragging rights now. You earned it.

Dave, You are one magnificent bastard! (To quote George Patton) I think you held your composure far better than I did. This is bordering on stunt shaving to my mind.

Rich just watched your video during my morning break at work. Randoff Scott would be telegraphing John Wayne and telling him how proud he was of you! Great Job!

Another smooth operator! Good job Dave. Big kudos for putting yourself through the ringer again so soon.

Back