The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I’ve pretty much maxed out the gear I want or need (Ha!) as far as coffee goes:

Bonavita drip coffee maker (it’s an automatic pour over; 7 years with flawless performance)
Chemex pour over
Frieling stainless French Press (1 big cup)
Bodum glass French Press (when the power goes out)
Aeropress
Bialetti Moka Express (single serve moka pot that can do faux lattes, cappuccinos and Americanos)
Yama Vacuum Pot (very esoteric coffee maker that gets used a few times per year)
Oxo Cold Brew maker
Ad hoc cold brew maker
Baratza Virtuoso burr grinder

The grinder makes a huge difference, and is the one thing anyone can invest in to upgrade whatever coffee prep method you use.

No interest in home roasting or true espresso here. My experimentation these days consists of a biweekly coffee subscription from Trade Coffee, which sends me a package of freshly roasted beans from artisanal roasters around the country, based on my preferred coffee characteristics. I’ve had one home run so far, along with a bunch of ho hums and a couple of duds. We’ll see how long I keep doing it.

Experimenting with my Christmas Present. Definitely need to Figure out how much coffee beans & the Ground to make a Excellent cup of Coffee.
51639de8a36ded564a52a3e2c3b89932.jpg

I've tried a few different grinders over the years, and finally bit the bullet and invested in a Baratza Encore. I recently switched from a french press to an Aeropress as well, and am loving it. I received a bag of(I'm guessing) home roasted coffee beans from my Rudolph Buddy as well, and can't wait to have a cup.

Back