The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Hey has anyone used one of these yet?

Steel Coffee Filter Pour Over Coffee Maker

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

The things are less than 10 dollars for 2 of them...

I also just saw this one that looks interesting....
Smart Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine Portable Mini Coffee Maker For Office
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Hey has anyone used one of these yet?

Steel Coffee Filter Pour Over Coffee Maker
Thought about trying this as my coffee guy has them on his website too, but I don’t have a space issue at work. I think it would be good if you wanted to travel with it though.
Smart Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine Portable Mini Coffee Maker For Office
Can’t figure out what the purpose of the middle part is. Seems like they are saying it cools the water down, but you can just wait after boiling to cool the water. Certainly isn’t espresso since you need like 9bar of pressure for that.

Thought about trying this as my coffee guy has them on his website too, but I don’t have a space issue at work. I think it would be good if you wanted to travel with it though.

Can’t figure out what the purpose of the middle part is. Seems like they are saying it cools the water down, but you can just wait after boiling to cool the water. Certainly isn’t espresso since you need like 9bar of pressure for that.
I couldn't figure out some about the 2nd one either. I thought that if its powered it might have some type of pumps for the pressure if it really does espresso.. I don't know.. Just so you know , I copied and pasted the name the site had displayed for the 2nd product , so that's exactly how they had it listed...I saw several other interesting contraptions for making coffee while browsing yesterday including one that was a combination grinder and brewer for travel.. All those products though for coffee out there could be a very bad rabbit hole for those with less self control....

Here is a gizmo from way back in my traveling days when in-room coffee makers were rare in the motels within my travel budget.

B4C1A19C-1A21-4B67-8F4B-E7166DE923D2.jpeg

Real automatic drip coffee.
Used a gold mesh filter.
Went right into the cup.
Certainly better than hot tap water and instant.
High tech for the day.

EB4B746D-4200-46A1-9F50-994E7A937A84.jpeg

This is all @NurseDave 's Fault......and some research. Other than a DeLonghi Espressso / Latte Machine, a Keurig, and a French press we dont have some of the fancy Coffee items some of you have, however we like freshly ground and brewed coffee but hated grinding then placing it in the pot, so now we havea grinder and maker all in one, Most of our other stuff is Cuisinart so why not the coffee maker

An early X mas gift to both of us

Couple Christmas 12.21 Coffee.jpg

I’m a little late to the game in here.
So here it goes I’m looking for a good but not to Expensive Grinder.

Currently I’m making coffee with a drip coffee maker. What I would like is a Percolator/Electric coffee maker. It’s what I remember my Parents using growing up. Was always a great cup of Joe. I Guess Basically what I Looking for is a better Cup of Coffee.

What I need is a 12 cup maker that keeps it Hot for a few hours and of course taste great.

Ps. Your Guy’s idea’s and input would be greatly Appreciated.

I’m a little late to the game in here.
So here it goes I’m looking for a good but not to Expensive Grinder.

Currently I’m making coffee with a drip coffee maker. What I would like is a Percolator/Electric coffee maker. It’s what I remember my Parents using growing up. Was always a great cup of Joe. I Guess Basically what I Looking for is a better Cup of Coffee.

What I need is a 12 cup maker that keeps it Hot for a few hours and of course taste great.

Ps. Your Guy’s idea’s and input would be greatly Appreciated.
Well Ed the one above that I just bought based on @NurseDave has the Burr grinder built in, So far we are loving it

Back