The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

You're not doing anything wrong, @Jaro1069 . I had the same issue, which is why I invert.
Thank you.. I appreciate the Reply...
I figured I had the wrong grind and might need to go to a finer grind. I like the inverted which I tried ( the only other time I have used the aeropress ) because it seemed to give me the ability of a longer steep time..

I made my wife a cup of Red velvet today with my new AeroPress but used the regular method and not the inverted method but it seemed weak. I put the thing together like it says and put the coffee in then poured the water in but it seemed like the water had already ran through before I even got the plunger in. I guess I will have to stick to inverted until I can figure out how to make it better.. Any tips?
I use a very fine grind. Not quite espresso, but close. I also use two filters per brew. Here's how I brew traditional style.
  • Measure beans (19 grams)
  • Set up AeroPress (traditional method w/ two filters)
  • Begin heating the water
  • Grind beans
  • Once water is hot, pour a little in to wet filters
  • Add coffee
  • Pour up to the "4" marker on the side
  • Stir for 10 seconds (note time)
  • Insert plunger into the very top of the chamber (do not begin pressing)
  • Wait a full 60 seconds from the stirring
  • Slowly plunge, pausing for 5 seconds at every number marker
  • Enjoy
Personally I find the AeroPress works best with darker roasts or medium / dark blends.

Hope this helps. :)

I use a very fine grind. Not quite espresso, but close. I also use two filters per brew. Here's how I brew traditional style.
  • Measure beans (19 grams)
  • Set up AeroPress (traditional method w/ two filters)
  • Begin heating the water
  • Grind beans
  • Once water is hot, pour a little in to wet filters
  • Add coffee
  • Pour up to the "4" marker on the side
  • Stir for 10 seconds (note time)
  • Insert plunger into the very top of the chamber (do not begin pressing)
  • Wait a full 60 seconds from the stirring
  • Slowly plunge, pausing for 5 seconds at every number marker
  • Enjoy
Personally I find the AeroPress works best with darker roasts or medium / dark blends.

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you for the reply. I just now saw it. Sorry. I will try that and see if it will help me... The cup I made today was for my wife and she found a red velvet blend she likes ( she doesnt drink much coffee ).. I was trying to make her feel better because after the 1st shot yesterday she felt pretty rough this morning...

I use Dean's Beans Moka Java blend with my Aeropress and a JavaPresse grinder for one cup at a time brewing. It's the best coffee I've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I made my wife a cup of Red velvet today with my new Aeropress but used the regular method and not the inverted method but it seemed weak. I put the thing together like it says and put the coffee in then poured the water in but it seemed like the water had already ran through before I even got the plunger in. I guess I will have to stick to inverted until I can figure out how to make it better.. Any tips?
I tried inverted twice and made a mess. I do it the “normal” way but put the plunger in just a touch after I stir so then the water doesn’t drip down until I push it.

I tried the Cabernet finished coffee today. :sick:
The smell of the beans had a soft but very sweet berry note at the end. The nose of the coffee has a lot of chocolate, cocoa, and leathery almost moldy red fruits. The taste is just all wrong. I can logically put it together, but the fermented red fruit tastes comes across as almost a rotten note. I guess that makes sense when you add something fermented to coffee? Had enough to make 2 pots. Think I’ll just be tossing the other half. I have high hopes for the scotch coffee tomorrow!

Coffee time! Using the Coffee Guru app I brewed the recipe for the 1st Place 2016 Slovak AeroPress Championship. Pretty damn good cuppa. :coffee:

unnamed.jpg

Coffee time! Using the Coffee Guru app I brewed the recipe for the 1st Place 2016 Slovak AeroPress Championship. Pretty damn good cuppa. :coffee:

View attachment 54411
The Coffee Guru app is my go to for aero press. The 2016 Slovak recipe is one of my favorites.

View attachment 54411
I use that app also.....

Coffee Bean Corral has samplers on sale for $15. For the price you get five 1/2 lb bags from the region of your choice. I chose Africa, and it's en route. Shipping pushed the cost of the green beans to $24; still respectable for 2-1/2 lbs of coffee.

Back