The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

@SM29 Yeah, I keep running across the Baratza grinder while researching, but it is above my price point at this time. Do you have a link for the Saeco Superautomatic grinder? All I could find was $500 - $1500 Superautomatic Espresso machines. I did find a Phillips Saeco Grinder on Eday - used for $45. Is this what you have?
View attachment 49634
No I have a Saeco Incanto superautomatic pictured with two of my favorite coffees.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
I have the Hario hand grinder. It does a fine job for single cup grinds like the Aero, but don’t be surprised if you get tired of it. For coarser grinds it goes faster.

I have the Hario hand grinder. It does a fine job for single cup grinds like the Aero, but don’t be surprised if you get tired of it. For coarser grinds it goes faster.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm sure that down the road I may be replacing it. I am normally a 1 cup a day person and I have never been crazy for coffee, I am just looking for something better than using whatever old ground beans are on sale this week and using them in a reusable k-cup. Based on everything I have read, heard and seen using better beans, grinding them myself, and using the Aeropress should make a huge difference. I am just dipping my toes into this world to see if I can even tell the difference.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm sure that down the road I may be replacing it. I am normally a 1 cup a day person and I have never been crazy for coffee, I am just looking for something better than using whatever old ground beans are on sale this week and using them in a reusable k-cup. Based on everything I have read, heard and seen using better beans, grinding them myself, and using the Aeropress should make a huge difference. I am just dipping my toes into this world to see if I can even tell the difference.
You are going to learn to appreciate the true flavor of coffee. Grinding it yourself is a HUGE step up from using pre-ground.

Ok so been meaning to do a review here for a bit now. Picked up one of these a while back.
I got it on a sale and also got the barista kit since I had some credit to use. That allows for double espresso and quickly making multiple rounds of espresso.

I gotta say I'm absolutely loving it. It hits 18 bar of pressure as you pump it so this is true espresso and cleanup isn't to much more than an aeropress. It can take a bit of effort to remove the puck of grinds from the cylinder after brewing but they generally come out all together so very little mess.

Here's a little walk through of the process.

this is the setup for a double. And this is more of a medium to light roast. 20210323_083254.jpg
The grounds go in the cylinder on the left and are tamped down the put into the press.
20210323_083455.jpg
The reservoir on the right is filled with hot water and attached, the flip everything over and start pumping. Takes 30-45 seconds to brew depending how well you keep pace lol.
20210323_083745.jpg
After brewing you can see there is plenty of crema, indicating proper espresso pressure was achieved.
20210323_083813.jpg

Then I topped up with water for an Americano because it just doesn't last long enough if I don't.

Attachments

• 20210323_083455.jpg
    20210323_083455.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210323_083813.jpg
    20210323_083813.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210323_083745.jpg
    20210323_083745.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Ok so been meaning to do a review here for a bit now. Picked up one of these a while back.
I got it on a sale and also got the barista kit since I had some credit to use. That allows for double espresso and quickly making multiple rounds of espresso.

I gotta say I'm absolutely loving it. It hits 18 bar of pressure as you pump it so this is true espresso and cleanup isn't to much more than an aeropress. It can take a bit of effort to remove the puck of grinds from the cylinder after brewing but they generally come out all together so very little mess.

Here's a little walk through of the process.

this is the setup for a double. And this is more of a medium to light roast. View attachment 49669
The grounds go in the cylinder on the left and are tamped down the put into the press.
View attachment 49673
The reservoir on the right is filled with hot water and attached, the flip everything over and start pumping. Takes 30-45 seconds to brew depending how well you keep pace lol.
View attachment 49674
After brewing you can see there is plenty of crema, indicating proper espresso pressure was achieved.
View attachment 49675

Then I topped up with water for an Americano because it just doesn't last long enough if I don't.
Thank you for the review of that... I was wondering if anyone would get one of those style after I posted on here about finding them. I don't know if anyone remembers but there are some of those style for a very good price ( cheaper than an aeropress ) they can be found for about 20 dollars if someone wanted to try a lower prices one...Just search handheld espresso maker

Coffee time.. Coffee is from Rooster's Crow Coffee Roastery. Brewing a 50/50 blend of Colombian medium roast and Mexican dark roast.. I call it "Cartel War".

View attachment 50124
I made my wife a cup of Red velvet today with my new Aeropress but used the regular method and not the inverted method but it seemed weak. I put the thing together like it says and put the coffee in then poured the water in but it seemed like the water had already ran through before I even got the plunger in. I guess I will have to stick to inverted until I can figure out how to make it better.. Any tips?

Back