The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I have no willpower. Coffees can come and go so quickly that I decided not to wait. Never know if it'd be sold out in a few weeks.

PRODUCTQTYPRICETOTALS
Bolivian Organic - Colonial Caranavi FT BOLOCOL

BOLOLAPAZBolivian Organic Caranavi La Paz FTO
Colombia Organic FT Sierra Nevada COLOSIERNEVA

COLOSIERNEVAColombia Organic Sierra Nevada FTO
Sumatra Organic Mandehling FT SUMOMAND

SUMOMANDSumatra Organic Mandheling FTO
Papua New Guinea Purosa AX Organic

PNGORGPUROSAPapua New Guinea Organic Purosa AX FTO

Last edited:
It may be blasphemy but I happened upon a unique way to enjoy my daily quad capi at the office. I don’t keep fresh milk at the office because I always forget to buy/bring it so I have bags of powdered whole milk that make 1quart...perfect for 1weeks worth of steamed milk at a time. A week or so back I decided to make it using the extra strong quart of Smokey earl grey I had Brewing in the fridge. The result was something like a milk base for steamed earl grey milk tea (another idea!). I used that to make my cappuccinos that week, fresh roasted beans and all. The result was more fragrance than taste but there was an additional tase as well without the sweet you get when adding store bought flavors.

It may be blasphemy but I happened upon a unique way to enjoy my daily quad capi at the office. I don’t keep fresh milk at the office because I always forget to buy/bring it so I have bags of powdered whole milk that make 1quart...perfect for 1weeks worth of steamed milk at a time. A week or so back I decided to make it using the extra strong quart of Smokey earl grey I had Brewing in the fridge. The result was something like a milk base for steamed earl grey milk tea (another idea!). I used that to make my cappuccinos that week, fresh roasted beans and all. The result was more fragrance than taste but there was an additional tase as well without the sweet you get when adding store bought flavors.
That sir, is fancy enough to go with your profile picture.

Hmmm, interesting. Not a fan of the Earl Grey, but orange pekoe might work as well.
I have several fancy pants teas I ordered awhile back with my coffee beans from buhrman coffee, they have gone largely unused through the summer but this Smokey grey has been a favorite worth repurchasing. If the weather ever cools I will probably get around to having more tea at night ...if not I may try the black tea and mallow flower next. I doubt it will add flavor but the fragrance will be interesting

Roasted 3 lbs today. The unmarked jar is a blend of the first three. This weekend I'll start with the Bolivian, recommended by @MarkB . All three lbs went to second crack; the Guatemalan deep into it. Looking forward to sampling each one. :)

Attachments

• D5CD0CF9-96E2-4AC6-AAE1-64DF785B74FE_1_201_a.jpeg
    D5CD0CF9-96E2-4AC6-AAE1-64DF785B74FE_1_201_a.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 6
I've been drinking this in my French press lately, and I'm hooked. Love this stuff! O65

View attachment 38835
An early morning cup of Cafe du Monde with an order of hot beignets is one of the must-do highlights of any visit to New Orleans. If I recall correctly, they cut their coffee blend with Chicory. That's some great stuff. Almost worth the trip just to visit the Cafe. Then, for lunch, head up the street a few blocks and grab a muffaletta sandwich. Man, do I miss New Orleans!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, says it right on the can. That flavor is really great and why I like it so much. G51
Chicory grew wild on my grandparents farm. I can recall, as a very young kid (circa 1972) my grandmother brewing chicory she gathered from along the fence line and drinking the brew. She'd sip it as she cooked my grandfather's 4am breakfast before he'd head over to the barn for the morning milking session. She greatly preferred chicory to coffee. My grandfather was a coffee man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back