The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Thank you @Graybeard57 Mr Beard, can I call you Gray? Got the coffee yesterday and brought it to work to brew up a single cup. I'll use it this weekend for a pot at home. This is a very milk coffee, but also very smooth. I can see where you could get an apple note. That wouldn't be my first thought, but as it cools it comes out more. There is a fruit note to it, but not berry. It's a bit different. Also a touch of earth and nut. I'm getting almost a walnut on the finish. I could certainly use this as a daily drinker.

This is a very milk coffee, but also very smooth. I can see where you could get an apple note. That wouldn't be my first thought, but as it cools it comes out more. There is a fruit note to it, but not berry. It's a bit different. Also a touch of earth and nut. I'm getting almost a walnut on the finish. I could certainly use this as a daily drinker.
Glad it's to your taste. I like it a lot, too. I'll have to try it with cream or milk in it one morning.

Made a pot of Len's Coffee Jumpstart this morning. This is another that'd be good with milk or cream. Good body and flavor.

For National Coffee Day I brewed up some of the Bolivian Caranavi I roasted this weekend. Great tasting coffee but I wish I had let it roast just a little longer to bring out more of the dark chocolate notes. Some honey in there as well.

It is missing the chocolate and butter notes that I really like,
Jeesh, quick reading at work, and I got "chocolate and peanut butter notes". I had to look over and see if I made a mistake and I was reading Chad's post.

Brewed the home roasted Bolivian Caranavi again this morning, this time with hotter brewing water (206°) and had much better results. May push the water even higher tomorrow to see what happens.

it is a good, earthy 100% Robusta coffee
I've never roasted 100% Robusta. Think I'll try it sometime soon. If I don't like it, I can always mix in some Arabica.
I wish I had let it roast just a little longer to bring out more of the dark chocolate notes.
It's always a little bit of guesswork, isn't it? That's something I really enjoy about roasting - trying different roasts to see how it affects flavor. :)

Enjoying a cup of the "Melange" I roasted recently. It's a mixture of Colombian, Peruvian, and the Jumpstart (an unknown mixture of Robusta and Arabica). Wide range of flavors to this cup; very tasty.

Last edited:
Ordering more of the Bolivian Organic Caranavi La Paz from Coffee Bean Corral. Been a little over a week since roasting and the flavors have REALLY exploded in this coffee!

CEAEC7E9A8436E999C408EB647AAE958BEAE6983.jpg

Ordering more of the Bolivian Organic Caranavi La Paz from Coffee Bean Corral. Been a little over a week since roasting and the flavors have REALLY exploded in this coffee!

View attachment 37378
Sounds like one I need to get with next purchase, which will be fairly soon.

Enjoying a cup of Roastmasters' Colombian now. Very flavorful, good body.

Back