The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Wifey banged a mug into the top of our Bodum's carafe :eek:while I was on this evening's Old Guy Zoom-a-zoom-zoom call (That'll teach me to let her wash dishes! 🕺), so I'll be hunting for a replacement tomorrow on Cyber Monday. We've had a few various ones over the years, but both prefer the durability (and price!) of the Bodum Chambord's less expensive cousin, the Brazil. Same guts as the Chambord, just a cheaper plastic casing/handle/frame rather being metal.
now that is what i'd consider a non laughing matter!

The carafe was on the countertop and only tapped enough to crack it; no shards or other broken glass to worry about. Luckily, we have a stovetop moka pot and an aeropress to make due until we get a replacement french press.

Last edited:
Cool mug. But I can’t take my eyes off that phone. Reminds me of one on the diesel mechanics desk from my trucking days.
It's been here next to me for at least 15 years. It's a "dummy" line we had used in the past to test new calling features, dial tone activated services, etc. The technological world moves on and we're now in the process of phasing out out dial tone plant and going to a broadband only provider (we do offer a VOIP* phone option). We use it now for when we wish to make calls which we don't want logged into the company phone system. It's now a ghost line.

*Voice Over IP

It's been here next to me for at least 15 years. It's a "dummy" line we had used in the past to test new calling features, dial tone activated services, etc. The technological world moves on and we're now in the process of phasing out out dial tone plant and going to a broadband only provider (we do offer a VOIP* phone option). We use it now for when we wish to make calls which we don't want logged into the company phone system. It's now a ghost line.

*Voice Over IP
☎️

FTR this stuff was in the top drawer of my desk FOR REAL! Don't ask about the lower drawer.. I really don't want to look....

h1DNwF4.gif

Well, my exodus from the dreary malaise that has been my Keurig existence is under way. My burr grinder has arrived, and my Aeropress is in transit. I have a bag of Stirling Guatemalan on the way, but I'd be very interested in any coffee vendor recommendations you might want to make. There are a lot of them around! If you know of any that focus on sustainable agriculture, and treating the farmers right, that does matter to me. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well, my exodus from the dreary malaise that has been my Keurig existence is under way. My burr grinder has arrived, and my Aeropress is in transit. I have a bag of Stirling Guatemalan on the way, but I'd be very interested in any coffee vendor recommendations you might want to make. There are a lot of them around! If you know of any that focus on sustainable agriculture, and treating the farmers right, that does matter to me. Thanks!

Give Dean's Beans a try... Been giving them my custom for years.. Here's a nice sample box.

Also..

Give Dean's Beans a try... Been giving them my custom for years.. Here's a nice sample box.

Cool! I just spent 90 minutes reading this thread. I've seen Dean's mentioned a lot. I'll give them a try. Thanks!

Back