The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I've been drinking this in my French press lately, and I'm hooked. Love this stuff! O65

View attachment 38835
An early morning cup of Cafe du Monde with an order of hot beignets is one of the must-do highlights of any visit to New Orleans. If I recall correctly, they cut their coffee blend with Chicory. That's some great stuff. Almost worth the trip just to visit the Cafe. Then, for lunch, head up the street a few blocks and grab a muffaletta sandwich. Man, do I miss New Orleans!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
And the matching cup which get a lot of use here.
IMG_20201027_134307109.jpg
IMG_20201027_134317521.jpg

I'm thinking of getting an Aeropress this Christmas. Are they as good as they claim?

I'm thinking of getting an Aeropress this Christmas. Are they as good as they claim?

There's nothing magical about an Aeropress that will make a mediocre bean transmogrify into a great cup of coffee. It is an excellent simple machine that I often use when I want a single cup made. Otherwise, I use a french press of moka pot for coffee for my wife and I.

Pretty much what the other the others said. Makes a great single cup when paired with good beans. I'll add that cleanup is pretty simple as well. I have 1 at work that I use for single cups. Used it exclusively for a good while.

I use one at work because I just need one cup and the Keurig sucks.
Yes, my current setup is a Keurig, and the coffee it makes us stale from the start. I don't like the grit with a traditional french press. So, I'm very interested in the Aeropress. I'm the only coffee drinker in my household, so the one cup at a time setup is ideal. I just need the Aeropress, a hand operated burr grinder, and a good kettle. That's my current plan. Thanks for the reply!

Pretty much what the other the others said. Makes a great single cup when paired with good beans. I'll add that cleanup is pretty simple as well. I have 1 at work that I use for single cups. Used it exclusively for a good while.
Cool! I'm definitely planning on getting one.

There's nothing magical about an Aeropress that will make a mediocre bean transmogrify into a great cup of coffee. It is an excellent simple machine that I often use when I want a single cup made. Otherwise, I use a french press of moka pot for coffee for my wife and I.
My scale of production is definitely one cup at a time. My current system is a Keurig, and it makes a lousy cup of coffee.

Then the Aeropress is an excellent choice. You have a choice between paper filters and a metal ones (various hole sizes). I have only used the paper ones so far (rinse/wet them before using) but plan on grabbing a metal one when these are done.

Wifey accidentally banged a mug into the top of our Bodum's carafe :eek:while I was on this evening's Old Guy Zoom-a-zoom-zoom call (That'll teach me to let her wash dishes! 🕺), so I'll be hunting for a replacement tomorrow on Cyber Monday. We've had a few various ones over the years, but both prefer the durability (and price!) of the Bodum Chambord's less expensive cousin, the Brazil. Same guts as the Chambord, just a cheaper plastic casing/handle/frame rather being metal.

Back