The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Drinking some Dalat Blend from Len's (Vietnamese Dalat Blend). It is good, as @uacowboy mentioned. But, like him, I also prefer the Trung Nguyen Creative 2 Blend.

Once this is gone I plan to try the Trung Nguyen Creative 4 Blend (Trung Nguyen Creative 4 (Premium Culi) Coffee).

Trung Nguyen is basically the Vietnamese version of Starbucks. They have coffee shops in just about every town, and you can get bags of their coffee just about everywhere. However, this stuff is so, so, so, soooo much better than actual Starbucks that it isn't really a fair comparison.

DR Peaberry a little lighter somewhere after first crack and close to second crack to be able to taste the flavors more. Now I'm doing a pound, 1/2 pound at a time of our favorite Guatemalan from the first batch that we bought from this company. I usually take this to just into second crack for a nice bold dark roast.
15941413598401723844572.jpg
A picture of the Peaberry
1594141431407368371303.jpg

Roasted up a lb14of Chocozilla from Len's on Tuesday afternoon and then yesterday i used about half of it to get some cold brew going. Pretty tasty for sure. Nice and earthy cocoa flavor. I'm very curious how it'll taste from other brewing methods.

Some freshly ground Happy Mug Bear Blend through the Clever dripper. Drinking in my Scotland mug to celebrate the Seaforth announcement this morning.

5ff40c937bc3a7d69eabcc85dc5955cd.jpg

Last edited:
First of all...why isn't The TSC Coffee Shop not in the Food Forum?

Okay...now that I got that out of the way...

Looking to make cold brew coffee at home. Basically I am just going to roughly grind some coffee I have had in the freezer probably longer than it should have been. Stick it in a big Mason, fill with filtered water, and let it soak for 24 hours or more...then strain.

I guess what I am looking for is if others have better methods or little hints to make a better cold brew. What say ye, wise men of the Cafe!

‘Cause it’s not a food yo. Just like the drinking and wine threads aren’t. I’m all for moving them to the food forum and changing the name. Or starting another area call “liquid ingestables” or something.

‘Cause it’s not a food yo. Just like the drinking and wine threads aren’t. I’m all for moving them to the food forum and changing the name. Or starting another area call “liquid ingestables” or something.
Splitting hairs I see. But isn't brewing a type of cooking? Wine and whiskey is just opening a bottle.

Looking to make cold brew coffee at home. Basically I am just going to roughly grind some coffee I have had in the freezer probably longer than it should have been. Stick it in a big Mason, fill with filtered water, and let it soak for 24 hours or more...then strain.

I guess what I am looking for is if others have better methods or little hints to make a better cold brew. What say ye, wise men of the Cafe!
Thats really all there is to it other than adjusting you grinds to water ratio as you go to get it how you like it. Just make sure you strain it really well because even with a coarse grind there will be a lot of fine gritty particles in it.

No new ideas. That's how it is done. I have a setup for doing it, but it follows the same steps. (y)

Enjoying Peet's House Blend. Pretty good stuff, but I'm hankering for home roast for its exquisite freshness. The roasters are en route to Roastmasters and other sellers - should arrive there on Wednesday, then they'll ship them out. With luck, another week, but probably a bit longer. I refuse to get excited till I get the shipping notification.

Back