The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure I'm going to roast up any more from that company. They are all looking pretty dry and taking a long time. Doesn't seem right to me.

I'll tell ya, I'm not sure I'm going to roast up any more from that company. They are all looking pretty dry and taking a long time. Doesn't seem right to me.
I've decided to avoid the package deals as I think they put together not the best ones to move them. The Mexican one I see is for sale for like 3.25 a pound. The others I've quite enjoyed especially the 1 Guatemalan that's been our favorite. Bought 3 more of those andthis Dominican Republic and Costa Rican peaberry after roasting smell amazing.
15924266003441466786132.jpg

I've decided to avoid the package deals as I think they put together not the best ones to move them. The Mexican one I see is for sale for like 3.25 a pound. The others I've quite enjoyed especially the 1 Guatemalan that's been our favorite. Bought 3 more of those andthis Dominican Republic and Costa Rican peaberry after roasting smell amazing.
I'm avoiding the package deals too, as I agree, they could be priced to sell quickly. At medium roast, the Mexican is tasty, but the unroasted beans were dry.

Got these Vietnamese green beans from Len's, as recommended by @dkeester . A couple pounds of these will be in my next roast in a week or so. I've been using more beans while working at home; they are going fast. Enjoying a cup of Nicaraguan medium-dark roast now.
4F958BAE-5E5D-48FA-8748-7D0BA237A4C5_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm avoiding the package deals too, as I agree, they could be priced to sell quickly. At medium roast, the Mexican is tasty, but the unroasted beans were dry.

Got these Vietnamese green beans from Len's, as recommended by @dkeester . A couple pounds of these will be in my next roast in a week or so. I've been using more beans while working at home; they are going fast. Enjoying a cup of Nicaraguan medium-dark roast now.
View attachment 27480
I've checked the site out and may try eventually but they are pricier

They certainly are. My 3lbs came to $36 with shipping. Just want to give it a try. On the back of each bag is a label with detailed roasting tips, which is nice.
Yeah, I'll no doubt give some a try but for now I'm getting some nice ones from CBC if you don't count the 2 Mexican ones in the 5 pack

Just about finished with the second bag of vietnames coffee from @dkeester and this one is also very good. A much lighter, more acidic(citrusy) flavor. Of the 2 I prefer the first but both were very good. 20200614_081706.jpg

Last edited:
Disaster struck Saturday - my roaster quit on me. The motor that stirs the beans conked out. Preliminary investigation is pointing to the flux capacitor - perhaps there was a spike in jigawatts. Not sure. May need a new roaster. 💩
Guess I should start saving for a better Roaster. It's a shame as I like how this one works and the amount it can do verses an air roaster

Guess I should start saving for a better Roaster. It's a shame as I like how this one works and the amount it can do verses an air roaster
I was hoping to get a year out of it, but no luck. I'll take it apart to see if it's something simple, but I don't hold much hope for it. I have my eye on another, more expensive roaster, but they are currently out of stock. There was no warning, it simply stopped and the temperature dropped. I'm hoping it's a fuse inside, but we'll see. I'll see if I can figure it out this weekend. Fortunately, the Kenya AA beans were nearly done at a medium roast, so I left the lid on and let them slowly roast/cool down for about an hour. Come to think of it, I can brew some up today and see how it tastes.

Does it actually make espresso or is it just really strong coffee?
i guess it depends how picky you are about your definition of espresso. it brews at 3.5 bar of pressure so it is literally espresso. It's not the 9+ bar pressure that professional machines brew at but it tastes pretty much the same to me, if not better since i'm using good quality, freshly roasted beans.

Back