The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

First I'm enabled with shaving stuff. Now I have to endure coffee enabling. When will it end? Never I hope. I think I'm going to pick myself up one of those roaster thingies off of Amazon. Can't beat the price. I'm curious. Intrigued. Will roasting myself benefit my preferred approach at using a french press for brewing? I also manually froth milk to go with my morning coffee. Will I be able to tell the difference if I'm already getting roasted beans from a roaster who is selling me beans roasted about a week before I buy them?

I keep thinking about using that thing over the gas stove top and remembering my dad saying he had to roast outside because it stunk up the house.

And to think I just read a post in another forum about squid ink pasta. I'm getting it from all sides here. There's no escaping the enabling. I'm going to be roasting my own coffee beans within the next couple of weeks and gosh daring, I'm having squid ink pasta tomorrow (Saturday) night for dinner even if it kills me to find it. LOL

First I'm enabled with shaving stuff. Now I have to endure coffee enabling. When will it end? Never I hope. I think I'm going to pick myself up one of those roaster thingies off of Amazon. Can't beat the price. I'm curious. Intrigued. Will roasting myself benefit my preferred approach at using a french press for brewing? I also manually froth milk to go with my morning coffee. Will I be able to tell the difference if I'm already getting roasted beans from a roaster who is selling me beans roasted about a week before I buy them?
If you are already getting beans roasted that fresh then the biggest difference you will see will likely come from the region the bean comes from And method of processing. Also you can get the roast to exactly the level of roast you prefer. In essence you could spend a bit more and buy from them Or save a bit on the beans, put in a bit of work and have YOUR PERFECT cup of coffee.

Your choice lol.

I keep thinking about using that thing over the gas stove top and remembering my dad saying he had to roast outside because it stunk up the house.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. Before I try this, this is true? If I roast them inside my wife won't be very happy with me?

If any of the new roasters elect to roast indoors, you have to record your wife's reaction when she realizes what you did.

If any of the new roasters elect to roast indoors, you have to record your wife's reaction when she realizes what you did.

Oh. Well, that can’t be good for anybody. I may postpone my coffee roaster purchase a bit since I’m able to get freshly roasted beans locally. Pricey at $16 for 12 oz. But if you bring in your coffee canister they will fill it with a pound of coffee beans at the same price. Still not cheap but it’s good stuff.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Before I try this, this is true? If I roast them inside my wife won't be very happy with me?
You could always buy a propane burner like those for a fish fry or turkey fryer and do it outside.

Honestly you can do it inside but according to my wife it smells like burnt popcorn. It also makes a bit of a mess you have to clean up. If I roast inside I just light some incense after and that normally takes care of it.

Be sure to run the hood fan over the stove though unless you want to set off the smoke detectors

Back