The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I know I am a broken record about Vietnamese coffee, but I am totally in love with it.

Does anyone else here prefer to use a Ca Phe Phin to brew a cup? It is my favorite brewing method. (I have heard it described as a cross between Pour Over and French Press.)

It takes time to brew a cup with one of these, but it is worth the wait.
We have a couple of those here. I love it for making Cafe Sua Da but we haven't broken them out in a while. My wife got me hooked on it when we were first dating. Lately I've just been having crappy pre-ground coffee from a drip coffee maker. At least its hot and caffeinated...

We have a couple of those here. I love it for making Cafe Sua Da but we haven't broken them out in a while. My wife got me hooked on it when we were first dating. Lately I've just been having crappy pre-ground coffee from a drip coffee maker. At least its hot and caffeinated...
The thrill is gone

Take your crappy pre-ground coffee and make it in one of your Phins. It might make for a better cup. Naturally, it would be better to use better coffee, but use what you have.

I absolutely love Ca Phe Sua Da, but can't do the sweetened condensed milk on Keto.

Just had a cup from one of my Phins using some Trung Nguyen Premium Blend. Phin coffee is best coffee.

Yeah, majority of listings are for 100 ml................3.5 ounces seems small for coffee to me......
When you are making iced coffee it is about right. What I usually do it brew the coffee in the phin then pour in some boiling water to around 12 ounces then add Stevia and heavy cream. It makes an excellent cup.

EDIT: right out of the phin, the coffee is meant to be diluted a bit.

I have and use one at the office all the time.

With mine the top filter pare doesn't screw in place and gets flipped around as the coffee expands. Maybe i have a crappy version?

Edit: Well idk. The link Doug posted is the one I have.

I have and use one at the office all the time.

With mine the top filter pare doesn't screw in place and gets flipped around as the coffee expands. Maybe i have a crappy version?
Not all of them have a screw-down style tamper. However, it should sit in place as you pour the water over.

Back