The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I've got the Virtuoso as well. Probably had it for about 4 or 5 years. Last year it stopped working. Nothing on their website seemed to work so I emailed their customer service department. I received a response within 30 minutes. He had me do some things to try and figure out what was wrong. It turned out the motor was bad. Later that same day he said motor was on it's way to me, free of charge. Once I got it, the video he linked for me gave me everything I needed to take the grinder apart, remove the old motor and install the new one. I was soon back in business. Baratza's customer service is incredible.
That’s good to know. If it keeps acting up I will give them a call.

View attachment 22136
Arrived yesterday via UPS. About the time @Dave in KY received shipment of beans, an email appeared to me with these on sale. Less than $29 shipped = less than $6 per pound. I'll be happy to save money this way forever, especially since I get to enjoy excellent coffee all the while!
Dude, that’s a sweet little deal. Might have to check it out.

3 regular mouth arrived and 4 wide mouth coming. @Graybeard57 Have you ever used the bags from Coffee Bean Corral ? Wish I got some to try with last order as they look easier and less bulky to deal with.........
IMG_20200428_150420661.jpg

@Graybeard57 Have you ever used the bags from Coffee Bean Corral ?
I've ordered 1 lb bags from Coffee Bean Corral three times now, I believe. I've also ordered from Amazon in 2 & 3 lb bags. I prefer 1 lb because that amount seems to work best in the roaster. A half-lb doesn't get stirred as well. It holds up to 750 gm, but I've never gone over a lb. I may roast 1.5 lbs when I crack open the 3 lb bag, but I have nearly 2 lbs freshly roasted that I'm enjoying now. They say roasted beans lose freshness at about a month, if I remember correctly. I grind as I go, because ground beans lose some flavor in 15 minutes. Unroasted are good for a year or more on the shelf. I've got to stop ordering, because I have several lbs unroasted, maybe a dozen or more. It's like a soap rabbit hole for me!

If you mean have I re-used the bags, no, I have not. I like the single lb bags, as they are easier for me to store. They stack like sandbags. I toss the bags as I empty them.
Hope I answered your question.

I've ordered 1 lb bags from Coffee Bean Corral three times now, I believe. I've also ordered from Amazon in 2 & 3 lb bags. I prefer 1 lb because that amount seems to work best in the roaster. A half-lb doesn't get stirred as well. It holds up to 750 gm, but I've never gone over a lb. I may roast 1.5 lbs when I crack open the 3 lb bag, but I have nearly 2 lbs freshly roasted that I'm enjoying now. They say roasted beans lose freshness at about a month, if I remember correctly. I grind as I go, because ground beans lose some flavor in 15 minutes. Unroasted are good for a year or more on the shelf. I've got to stop ordering, because I have several lbs unroasted, maybe a dozen or more. It's like a soap rabbit hole for me!

If you mean have I re-used the bags, no, I have not. I like the single lb bags, as they are easier for me to store. They stack like sandbags. I toss the bags as I empty them.
Hope I answered your question.
Well I got these stupid lids because I thought that's what you were using. I don't like the neoprene lids as I read that they fail. I wish I just got the bags which are less bulky but they're sold out of one pound anyway I would have had to use two half pounds all the time. These lids remind me of my wine making days.......

Well I got these stupid lids because I thought that's what you were using. I don't like the neoprene lids as I read that they fail. I wish I just got the bags which are less bulky but they're sold out of one pound anyway I would have had to use two half pounds all the time. These lids remind me of my wine making days.......
I'll just get bags on my next order 🤪

They look like what I use to air out roasted beans in the Mason jars. The bags have a one-way valve? Huh, never really thought of that. They'd work fine too, I'd bet. If these lid/valve contraptions ever fail, I'll probably replace them with the waterless version - I've got too much invested in Mason jars!

Back