The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

🤪 🤪 So is that your general search or the name of a seller you use?

I have purchased a lot from this seller. The prices are a tiny bit higher than some but I really like the quality I get.

I have purchased a lot from this seller. The prices are a tiny bit higher than some but I really like the quality I get.
Hmmmm.. 🤨

How sure are you that what they're selling is actually certified Jamaican Blue Mountain?

True JBMC is EXTREMELY hard to get.. In fact most of it is bought up months in advance and more than 75% of all JBMC goes to Japan. Also I think the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica has a trademark seal that certifies it as authentic.. It looks like this:

best-Jamaican-Blue-Mountain-Coffee.jpg

I don't see that seal on that auction page anywhere...

Hmmmm.. 🤨

How sure are you that what they're selling is actually certified Jamaican Blue Mountain?

True JBMC is EXTREMELY hard to get.. In fact most of it is bought up months in advance and more than 75% of all JBMC goes to Japan. Also I think the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica has a trademark seal that certifies it as authentic.. It looks like this:

View attachment 21643

I don't see that seal on that auction page anywhere...

Not sure. But It roasts up well and tastes delicious. Their rating is pretty darn high also on ebay, but alas not sure.

Had a bit of a scare this week when our 6 year old Baratza grinder just stopped working. With only whole bean coffee in the house, my heart stopped. Off to the internet I went. To their credit, Baratza encourages self diagnosis and repair, and they have PDFs and videos for everything from troubleshooting to step by step repair. It turned out that everything was fine, and I just had to reset the burr wheel to restore some contact points. All it took was a little patience and a half hour.

dave directed me to thread. i used to be a coffee geek. learned a-z at home watching youtube videos and forum visits. will be happy to help if anyone needs any help

here is a latte art i did at home about a year back

Well Amazon finally came thru
View attachment 21962
Dont waste money on low end grinders
Expert say, your grinder should be of same price as your espresso machine. Thats how important it is

entry level grinders include baratza line (encore, sette 30, virtuoso) or manual grinders like lido ET, helor etc manual grinder cost around 250$ butend result is like $1000grinder

Dont waste money on low end grinders
Expert say, your grinder should be of same price as your espresso machine. Thats how important it is

entry level grinders include baratza line (encore, sette 30, virtuoso) or manual grinders like lido ET, helor etc manual grinder cost around 250$ butend result is like $1000grinder
Everyone has different needs. This works for me. That's like me asking where your Wolfman razor is........

Virtuoso, and unfortunately it acted up again this morning. Didn’t require a disassembly to fix, though.

I've got the Virtuoso as well. Probably had it for about 4 or 5 years. Last year it stopped working. Nothing on their website seemed to work so I emailed their customer service department. I received a response within 30 minutes. He had me do some things to try and figure out what was wrong. It turned out the motor was bad. Later that same day he said motor was on it's way to me, free of charge. Once I got it, the video he linked for me gave me everything I needed to take the grinder apart, remove the old motor and install the new one. I was soon back in business. Baratza's customer service is incredible.

Back