The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Yes agreed! I actually take mine camping and use it a lot while camping. I bought a knock off version off ebay awhile back and don't regret the buy at all. I just prefer to use my espresso machine or to make a full pot when at home primarily

I finally got around to restoring this old coffee grinder. I decided to keep as much of the original look as possible so after killing the rust I just coated with a matte sealer. The insides took some work but turned out perfectly clean after some rust dissolver and scrubbing. ...and it works beautifully.
notice the makers mark ...Landers Frary & Clark (LF&C) the same LF&C that made some a few of my vintage razors. Turns out they made a lot of things.
5C53A204-257C-48F6-BCCD-44D9F1DC37E2.jpeg

I finally got around to restoring this old coffee grinder. I decided to keep as much of the original look as possible so after killing the rust I just coated with a matte sealer. The insides took some work but turned out perfectly clean after some rust dissolver and scrubbing. ...and it works beautifully.
notice the makers mark ...Landers Frary & Clark (LF&C) the same LF&C that made some a few of my vintage razors. Turns out they made a lot of things.
View attachment 21076
That is so cool Chris

For all that this covid situation is horrible, the one true upgrade is the coffee I get working at home.

I hear you Bob. My wife is always getting Decaf Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. So I decided to bring a little Starbucks home for her. I can't make espresso since I don't have an espresso machine.....yet. But I can make a mean french press with heated milk and foam, which she likes. So I decided I'd make some mocha sauce. Made her a Decaf Mocha Cafe au Lait and got a big thumbs up. Next I'm going to make some home made whipped cream to top it off. I'll stick with my regular Cafe au Lait, but I'll make these things for her all day long if she wants.

I hear you Bob. My wife is always getting Decaf Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. So I decided to bring a little Starbucks home for her. I can't make espresso since I don't have an espresso machine.....yet. But I can make a mean french press with heated milk and foam, which she likes. So I decided I'd make some mocha sauce. Made her a Decaf Mocha Cafe au Lait and got a big thumbs up. Next I'm going to make some home made whipped cream to top it off. I'll stick with my regular Cafe au Lait, but I'll make these things for her all day long if she wants.

I have no idea what decaf is but I do believe that a man who makes his wife coffee obtains a happy wife

I love that the cost of what I make at home is only about 25% what they charge in a coffee shop, and in most instances mine tastes better even using mass produced store bought beans.

I'm thinking this is it if Bruce would check all the specifications against his.
That's it, under a different label, and at $50 less than I paid. It will not collect the chaff for you, so you won't want to use it in the kitchen. I've been doing it in the garage, and will use the patio now that it's warmed up. I stir the roasted beans in a large bowl and blow away the chaff out the garage door. Basically, it heats and stirs; you do the rest. I like it, even at my price point. Pretty basic, but it gets the job done. It's fun to roast the beans to personal specifications. I haven't always gotten the beans exactly as intended, but all the coffee has tasted great. I'm starting to develop a "feel" for it now, and my roasts have more consistently been as intended. I brewed a pot of medium roast Timor yesterday that was very flavorful, and will enjoy more of the same today. If you enjoy good coffee, it's a fun hobby.

Go for it, @Dave in KY !

Last edited:
Back