The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Stumbled across these Mason jar fermentation filters for use after roasting. Four lids/filters for $13 + shipping from Amazon. Well worth it for the first few post-roast days when CO2 escapes.
578E906C-AF8B-4E06-ABC5-072AA58C200E_1_201_a.jpegCD3C7EA5-E0D8-41A6-AEEB-5121028D6875_1_201_a.jpeg

Moved on to this one today. Can’t say I’m catching all the tasting notes other than a touch of citrus. But it is clean and smooth. I’m playing with my grinding size. I think I had been using a bit too fine of grind. Making it a touch more coarse has smoothed out things but cut back on some flavor. Tomorrow a touch more fine.

3277ECED-F156-4A90-B63D-E0549A2B8D17.jpeg

This morning I finished the last of a pound of Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Takengon that I probably bought in the second week of January. For a while I was too lazy to take the time with the french press and was drinking too much from the Keurig. This morning it was 28g of the Sumatra Takengon ground in the Baratza Virtuoso and brewed with 364g of filtered water in the french press and served with frothed milk for a delightful cafe au lait. And I immediately went out and bought another pound of the same beans, freshly roasted within the past 3 to 4 days. A really nice dark medium roast. Probably more dark than medium. I'm really liking these beans.

Little review of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans i'm drinking,

Got these to a solid Vienna roast. brewed via pour over at a 1:14 coffee to water ratio. it's nice and smooth, a little bit of tartness. not a lot of depth to it overall but very enjoyable.

For the record, Jumpstart is from Burman Coffee; Sumatran Peaberry from Levantra Coffee. After sitting in the bowls for several hours, I put them in Mason jars to continue to air out for a week or two. They are sitting high up where The Cats can't reach them.
18753574-0BE5-4063-9812-D8A307F21A7D_1_201_a.jpeg

Sitting at home, enjoying my second cup of Sumatran Peaberry this evening. Found the perfect amount of beans to grind, and have been rewarded with a sweet, delicious brew. It's likely I will always have a peaberry on hand. Got another pound of this. Heaven in a cup. Will shave shortly.

Back