The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

I use anywhere from 17 to 21 grams of coffee (depending on the roast and what I’m in the mood for) and add 95 degree Celsius water for a final coffee volume of 350 ml.
Hey, that's MY coffee beaker! How did you get it? I was drinking out of it just this morning!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So confused. I've seen videos where people just add water to the 2 or 3 and then dilute after brewing, then videos where they fill the aeropress all the way.

With my aeropress, I use enough water for my cup. If I want to make more than 1 cup, then I will use more grounds and then dilute after pressing (or more likely, use a french press 🤪)

I should note that i probably had the grind a bit to fine so it took a couple minutes longer to brew but it was really good.

Coffee was a Kona blend i was gifted tonight when i got to work.

Well first of all, in the beginning the music was so ominous that I was afraid the killer was sneaking up on you. That’s a looooong brew time man. Doesn’t that much contact with the grinds make it much more bitter?

Well first of all, in the beginning the music was so ominous that I was afraid the killer was sneaking up on you. That’s a looooong brew time man. Doesn’t that much contact with the grinds make it much more bitter?
i was worried about that but it was still really good. I will be adjusting my grinder for a more coarse grind for next time. will have to see how that works. it should have been about a 4-5 minute brew time

Dang Kyle. That's a long time to brew one cup of coffee..... I kinda felt like I was watching one of those ASMR videos.

Dang Kyle. That's a long time to brew one cup of coffee..... I kinda felt like I was watching one of those ASMR videos.
yeah. had my grind to fine. adjusted that the next time i used it and the brew time is now just over 4 min.

I've been enjoying morning cups using the pour over technique. Typically, I make a small 4 cup pot at work, but will home I like to take the time to grind beans and use a pour over set up or French press. But to be honest, I find cleaning the French press to be tedious, so I tend to stick to the Bee House ceramic pour over with a #1 filter! From the wisdom of Homer, "Mmmm, coffee!"

Finding time to roast beans during the day light hours and when the weather is okay has been a challenge. I think I just need to order fresh roasted straight from @uacowboy

Back