The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

So I am still roasting like crazy. The cold temps have increased my roast time but man the cup o joe is so much better. I have noticed that I when roasting myself I prefer a nice medium roast, where as when buying at the store I prefer darker roasts. I wonder why?

i let it go for 15-20 seconds before i stopped it. The Ethiopian beans seem to handle extra roasting better than other varieties i have tried. seems like they hit 2nd crack a little lighter than other beans or something.

My current favorite American coffee:
My work brings this stuff in by the five pound bag every week along with fresh milk and half-and-half from a local dairy.

Vietnamese coffee is still my all-time favorite, especially http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/trung-nguyen-coffee-order.php#premium-blend. The coffee that Vietnam produces is some of the very best in the world.

Ya know Chris I worry sometimes you feel like you are the only one that laughs at your jokes. But let me just tell ya.... I laugh!

and now i have a new variety and style i need to try. Thanks Doug!

Vietnamese coffee is amazing stuff. They produce more Robusta beans than Arabica beans, so the coffee is more of an espresso style. Also, there is a heavy French influence due to Vietnam's history as a French colony.

As they say, you snooze, you lose. As I've been reading the posts on the Aeropress clone I decided maybe I should check it out given how cheap it is. Of course, I go to the listing and there are no more available. I guess I'll have to search for other sellers. If anyone ends up receiving theirs soon, I'd love to hear a review of it and to hear about the quality of the coffee it produces. I'm also interested in hearing about the construction of this product and how it compares to the original Aeropress. If it's flimsy, I'd probably not be a buyer even at $7. I've never used an Aeropress but my go to method for coffee is french press so I'm curious to know how they compare.

Last edited:

This is a good overview. BTW, egg coffee (found in northern Vietnam) is beverage heaven.
i think i watched a video on how to make that at one point never got around to trying it. might have to rectify that now.

As they say, you snooze, you lose. As I've been reading the posts on the Aeropress clone I decided maybe I should check it out given how cheap it is. Of course, I go to the listing and there are no more available. I guess I'll have to search for other sellers. If anyone ends up receiving theirs soon, I'd love to hear a review of it and to hear about the quality of the coffee it produces. I'm also interested in hearing about the construction of this product and how it compares to the original Aeropress. If it's flimsy, I'd probably not be a buyer even at $7. I've never used an Aeropress but my go to method for coffee is french press so I'm curious to know how they compare.

If you watched the video i posted comparing the Aero to a French Press he sums it up pretty well. The Aero Press is a cleaner smoother cup, due to the paper filter, and the french press is a little bolder flavor with all the oils and some of the fine silty bits mixed in. I haven't tried any of the metal filters for the aero so i don't know how they compare but that is pretty much the difference i get.

I love French press coffee, but like the idea of the aeropress when traveling so I can have a nice cup o Joe. I'll post my opinions here on it when I get mine

Back