The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Sent that video to Amber.... she just had to get a PSL when we were out htis weekend. I cannot stand them. She loved the video BTW.

I saw that Starbucks was going to do a nitro cold brew with a pumpkin spice foam ...that’s thinking. The cold brew is a hot commodity right now and the PSL craze never dies. They could cause a black hole to open by combining the two.

Ok, I used up the 2lbs of green beans I bought last time. So need to reorder. I'm assuming that green coffee beans can sit for quite a while since you see them piled up in warehouses?

Kyle, I got the Peru last time. Not as good as the stuff you sent, but good enough to drink black. You get anything great recently?

Ok, I used up the 2lbs of green beans I bought last time. So need to reorder. I'm assuming that green coffee beans can sit for quite a while since you see them piled up in warehouses?

Kyle, I got the Peru last time. Not as good as the stuff you sent, but good enough to drink black. You get anything great recently?
I have always enjoyed Ethiopia Yirgacheffe. I always get a pound of that if it's available.

and yeah Green coffee beans can be stored for a very long time. I think i have heard of some being found in Egyptian tombs that were still technically usable. Mostly just don't let them get damp and they should last a long time.

I have always enjoyed Ethiopia Yirgacheffe. I always get a pound of that if it's available.

and yeah Green coffee beans can be stored for a very long time. I think i have heard of some being found in Egyptian tombs that were still technically usable. Mostly just don't let them get damp and they should last a long time.
I was looking at Yirgacheffe. I saw you had gotten Flores before, but notes of wet forest bark I wasn't too drawn to.

I was looking at Yirgacheffe. I saw you had gotten Flores before, but notes of wet forest bark I wasn't too drawn to.
yeah that was an odd description but also what made me want to try it just to see what they were trying to say. In the end it was just a bit of a light earthiness but overall it was a tasty cup of coffee. I may very well get a couple pounds of that next time i stop in.

should be a good mix. plus you can swap around what you use each roast and really taste the difference between them and even try a blend.

I don't know about the others but for a guy with a sophisticated palate like yours @NurseDave, that Ethiopian will definitely get your attention, especially if you don't cremate it. I don't care for it much myself unless it IS roasted to oblivion but for a wine guy I think you will like it at many points along the roast.

I don't know about the others but for a guy with a sophisticated palate like yours @NurseDave, that Ethiopian will definitely get your attention, especially if you don't cremate it. I don't care for it much myself unless it IS roasted to oblivion but for a wine guy I think you will like it at many points along the roast.
Well that certainly gets me curious

Well that certainly gets me curious
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is considered good stuff, I'm sure you see or here is mentioned in all the best hipster coffee shops around town ...but it is like the other side of the coin and you may or may not like the other side of the coin. Maybe it's more like the other side of a three...or six...sixteen? sided die. Whatever, it's different and that's cool because it might be different in a way you can dig. I'm not saying you need to go super light roast to appreciate the difference, just roast the stuff like you would normally enjoy. If you like It I might have more I can send you or I might have more from that area. I forget whether I just powered through or if i decided to "age" the beans from that region in cigar boxes or an oak casks. I have a bunch of beans set aside in boxes to age for a year or so. I was reading that some beans become quite tasty when allowed to age in controlled conditions (like on the docks in northern California) but would often absorb the taste of burlap when left in the bags ...so I put them in cigar boxes and placed them in a closet by the swamp cooler! Technically ALL my beans are aging but those are aging in cigar boxes. Anyway, if you find certain beans you really like say so, I might have a bunch.

OMG! Did you see on the Facebook machine that @Joe Hackett is going to be roasting COFFEE too! WHAT? You suppose he’s gonna do a subscription service? Y’all can just give him your bank card and he can send you coffee and all the soap you need.

Don’t worry @NurseDave, i’m Sure he’ll let us sign up for unroasted so we can still feel macho as we roast our own on the back porch while it’s about 25 degrees and raining.

OMG! Did you see on the Facebook machine that @Joe Hackett is going to be roasting COFFEE too! WHAT? You suppose he’s gonna do a subscription service? Y’all can just give him your bank card and he can send you coffee and all the soap you need.

Don’t worry @NurseDave, i’m Sure he’ll let us sign up for unroasted so we can still feel macho as we roast our own on the back porch while it’s about 25 degrees and raining.
It’s okay. I need some back-up roasted beans for when I forget (too lazy) to roast my own when I run out of mine.

We'll eventually have a subscription service. I hadn't thought of selling the raw beans as well, but I am now. Reading through this thread and just realized I'm currently drinking the topic of conversation (Ethiopia Yirgacheff) lovingly roasted by my wonderful wife, Mandy. She's going to be the lead roaster, as she has a knack for it. She's got far more talent for roast profiles and for cupping than I do.

Back