The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Reading Lounge

Harumph! My library doesn't carry the last 2 Witcher books (the one above and a short story collection) in any format, so I'm now waiting on delivery via the inter-library loan program.

Libby, Hoopla, and Overdrive ... but these are all connected to YOUR associated library to determine what's available.

While waiting for the Witcher book to become available, I reread Wealthing Like Rabbits. It's geared toward 20-30 somethings in Canada but has a lot of solid advice for just about everyone. It's not a long read and took about 3-4 hours.
1678987515622.png

Last edited:
Waiting ... and waiting .... and waiting for the Witcher book, so it's time to read Empire starting tomorrow.
1665956770549-png.95802

Finished reading The Empire Strikes Back and what a shocking twist at the end when we discover that Darth Vader is ... well, I better not spoil it for everyone else. On to Return of The Jedi now, which should be another quick read.
1665956770549-png.95802

B791F539-0B14-4D44-B202-0B659EC54C82.jpeg
About halfway through this and it has blown my mind. A science book about senses in animal life. Honestly changing the way I think about other creatures on this planet in a profound way. Can’t recommend enough.

The Tower of Swallows was a nice (relatively) fast paced read and now it's on to the final book in the official Witcher series, The Lady of the Lake.
View attachment 107161

Harumph! My library doesn't carry the last 2 Witcher books (the one above and a short story collection) in any format, so I'm now waiting on delivery via the inter-library loan program.

Libby, Hoopla, and Overdrive ... but these are all connected to YOUR associated library to determine what's available.
PM sent to you.....

I use cool reader to read on my tablets or ereaders and Calibre to make sure that the book is in the format I want it in. BTW

A total pass on this book .... unless you have NEVER given ANY thought to how your finanaces in retirement shake out.
ec4cde69-47fa-4e35-8a15-6def95bad518-jpeg.107918

I paused reading the Witcher as The Obstacle is the Way arrived at the library for me. An interesting read on how changing one's outlook on problems can lead to a better life. It's loads of short chapters/stories, each clocking in at 3-5 pages or so.

Verdict: Interesting and worth a read.
1684268164031.png

I just started Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John Mandel. I still think about Station Eleven when I least expect it.

Back