The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Fraternal Organization Thread

Our Lodge had our first meeting of the year last night so I was able to finally hold elections. I'm now the 3-Year Trustee and can now call myself a Past Master. A 15 month year was not what I was looking for when I started this whole process and I was only able to do 6 full meetings but I did do a First Degree and the Grand Masters official visit so it doesn't feel like a total loss of a term. The incoming Worshipful Master is super nervous about moving to the East but last night he was nearly word perfect for SW so I have faith he'll pull off a decent job. For now, I'm done and it was a crappy year to be Master but I enjoyed it and I'm not against the idea of going back to the East sometime again in the future. Just not for a few years. Now I need to pick out my PM apron.

Finally had our Installation (a bit late) but the leadership of the Lodge is no longer in my hands. Felt kind of odd sitting there on the sidelines while everyone else had a job to do. Very proud of my guys for stepping up and taking on the leadership roles. Every chair is filled with guys that have come along since I was JW. And they have done a great job with their work so far. They initiated 4 new members and they're already planning a whole bunch of stuff for the rest of this year. After not doing very much for most of last year, they have a bunch do in the remaining months of this year. For now, I'm content to just watch and mentor. They're doing great.

Well..... Our lodge is pretty low on active members, so I was recently elected, and installed last night, as our new Junior Warden. So I'm going through the chairs (some) again..... This means in two years, I'll once again be master of the Lodge. I just hope a lot of our newer members raised last year, and the ones we'll raise this year become active, so we can get some fresh faces in the chairs.

Well..... Our lodge is pretty low on active members, so I was recently elected, and installed last night, as our new Junior Warden. So I'm going through the chairs (some) again..... This means in two years, I'll once again be master of the Lodge. I just hope a lot of our newer members raised last year, and the ones we'll raise this year become active, so we can get some fresh faces in the chairs.

I will have to make a note of that on my travel calendar. Missouri and Tennessee are close enough that I could make a stop to see a Brother.

I will have to make a note of that on my travel calendar. Missouri and Tennessee are close enough that I could make a stop to see a Brother.
You make it out to KC there is a round on me for sure. :cool:(y)

I hadn't participated in any Lodge events in quite sometime, but recently I attended the funeral for the father of a great friend and mentor of mine, who also brought me into the Lodge. I asked to participate in his funeral ceremony, and felt fortunate to be amongst such brothers.

Well, I completed my term as Grand Marshal for Nevada Eastern Star. It was supposed to be a one year term but because of the pandemic lockdowns we all ended up serving two years. It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of new people across the state and traveled to parts of Nevada I'd never been to but it was a long two years. I was so busy over the course of the 5 days, I only got to visit 3 beer places in Lake Tahoe. So I will have to return as there's some unfinished business there.

Back