The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Feather ASD2 pass-around

I will add one additional thing. I use Feather blades exclusively in my AS-D2 on the theory that they were made for each other--a sharp blade in a less aggressive razor. My anecdotal experience has been that a Feather blade will last a pretty decent amount of shaves in this razor--5 to 6 shaves with little drop-off in quality. I can use this combination for shaves without skipping a day--normally I shave every other day but I can shave every day with this combination. For some reason a Feather blade feels different in this razor than it would in other razors.

It's funny, there was a lot of talk about this razor when I first got into the hobby. Lately, it's just dropped off the map. Definitely seemed to be a polarizing razor at the time. I'm hoping that time will have mellowed the reactions, and looking forward to what you guys have to say about the AS D2.

My anecdotal experience has been that a Feather blade will last a pretty decent amount of shaves in this razor--5 to 6 shaves with little drop-off in quality.
I get a lot of longevity from Feather Blades in mild razors. Multiple months of shaves. My record is 115.

It's funny, there was a lot of talk about this razor when I first got into the hobby.
It was one of the first stainless razors and one of the first razors to cost $200. So at the time it was a shock, and many folks wondered if it was worth the price, and many would never dream about spending that much on a razor (at the time). Now, we are less phased by the idea of spending $100-$200 on a razor.

US
1. Majorrich (done!)
2. Spider (current)
3. Dave in KY Got 1 coming now Thanks @woodpusher
4. BarberDave
5. dangerousdon

CAN
1. ...
99. @Somnos (last in CAN leg, before returning to my dogsbody)

Except for @BarberDave , it looks like nobody wants your glow-in-the-dark cooties, KJ :ROFLMAO:
Hey, I used one setup that whole time, and kept your razor in another room. Not that there would have been an issue, but I didn't want to take any chances or have there be any question or doubt.

Hey, I used one setup that whole time, and kept your razor in another room. Not that there would have been an issue, but I didn't want to take any chances or have there be any question or doubt.
We know you were super careful with everything during your glow-bug larva stage. 1592600704401.png

@NurseDave ’s intensive Thayers and Nivea 2in1 brand video promotionals finally paid off! They teamed up and bought him a gently used one!

Just out of curiosity, since as of right now I am the last person on the US side of things to experience this razor. Anyone have any idea what it's going to cost for me to ship it back to Canadia land? Just trying to prepare...you know...since the whole sv brush thing is going on and oh I don't know...my wife is having a baby. :) like I said...just trying to be prepared.

Don, just throw it in one of those empty Canadian whiskey barrels that will be sent back for refilling.

Just out of curiosity, since as of right now I am the last person on the US side of things to experience this razor. Anyone have any idea what it's going to cost for me to ship it back to Canadia land? Just trying to prepare...you know...since the whole sv brush thing is going on and oh I don't know...my wife is having a baby. :) like I said...just trying to be prepared.
If you're the last southerner to have it (more might come on), send me a PM when it comes shipping time and we'll get it taken care of. As a guideline, probably would be about the same as the razor+brush you sent me last year.

Back