The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Feather ASD2 pass-around

Shave-6 with the Astra SP resulted in some minor weepers and slight redness on the neck as I tried to get whisker-free. Will swap out the blade for an Astra SS tomorrow.

Shave-6 with an Astra-SS was very nice this morning. I think that I need to incorporate a XTG ear-nose pass back into my shave on a regular basis instead of my normal NS-SN shave, as the past two days have been a good bit better than my other ASD2 shaves so far.

I do the three passes myself but with the AS-D2 I also sneak in the nose to ear XTG...so four in total. Beautifully smooth....or as @NurseDave would say...

B32964F8-0894-42F9-9753-95E3734B24E0.gif

What blade are you on now? I have a fresh Gillette Nacet loaded up for tomorrow....

Just finished week-4 (alphabetically usage of loose blades):
- Astra SP
- Astra SS
- Bolzano
- Crystal SP

Derby Plats are next up, but I might switch to an Injector for the next 2 weeks (i.e. 1 Personna blade). All in all, an impressive razor that can easily be a daily driver, especially if you need to get up at 5:30am, which I don't anymore. 🤪

Back