The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Feather ASD2 pass-around

woodpusher

TSC’s International Man of Meh
Like many, I have read oodles of posts over the years about how great the Feather ASD2 razor is. And like many, I said, nope, I ain't spending so much on a razor reputed to be so mild that even @Cvargo could use it on his baby peach fuzz. :ROFLMAO:

Given that I'm in Canada and purchased it from the US, I am in no hurry for it to sit forever in Customs and Canada Post due to Covid slowing things down based on the explosion in online shopping. So here's your chance to experience this razor for the cost of postage.

We'll do the Canadian leg after the US one, so that it only needs to cross the border once.

Rules:
- be an established member (this ain't a $15 tech)... let's try 3 months here and 75 posts
......... If you're uncertain that you qualify, send me a PM. Having an established member vouch for you would go a long way
- be CAN or US (restricted mainly due to shipping times and costs)
- package it up nice a safe
- cover shipping
- review the razor here or in your own thread/journals (or both!)

US
1. @Majorrich (done!)
2. @Spider (current)
3. @Dave in KY
4. ....

CAN
1. ...

I wondered about those for a long time and it was always on my list of "gotta get" things. Now I'm afraid it will be one of those "don't meet your childhood hero" deals. Really torn on wether to try it, or let it remain a grail. :LOL:

I wondered about those for a long time and it was always on my list of "gotta get" things. Now I'm afraid it will be one of those "don't meet your childhood hero" deals. Really torn on wether to try it, or let it remain a grail. :LOL:
I'm fairly confident that you (especially you!) won't hurt yourself with it. :ROFLMAO:
But yeah, with you on the childhood hero thing.

I'm not participating in the pass around, but I used to own an As-D2, and wanted to offer a couple of thoughts. I found that it was a bit tricky to dial in the proper angle, so give yourself several shaves to get the angle right. I did this mainly through sound. I also found that it worked beautifully with a feather Hi-Stainless blade. It's a lot like my Canadian post-war Tech. Ultimately, I found it a bit too mild for my neck. It's a beautiful razor though, and I look forward to hearing everyone's impressions of this razor. Good luck gentlemen!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's been decided that I'm going to sit out. If it's close to a tech but heavier then I'm most likely going to really like it. Then I'm really going to want one. Having just signed up for the TSC/SV group buy, I'm going to be completely tapped out. Probably scraping a bit even, so I'm not going to tempt myself further.

There ya go. You're all fixed up and ready to go, Ed!

US
1. Majorrich (done!)
2. Spider (current)
3. Dave in KY
4. BarberDave
5. NurseDave
6. ....

CAN
1. ...
99. @Somnos (last in CAN leg, before returning to my dogsbody)

Back