The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

I find these discussions about Keto and fasting very interesting as I don't know a lot about them. My first go around losing weight I did the opposite of fasting, I ate small portions every 3 hours. I was steadily losing weight had more energy and felt better than any time in my life. Hope everyone finds their path to success.
I've said it before...there is no one way. I tried the whole eat less more often approach once and it did not work out well for me. But that's not to say it doesn't work. I think with me though, what I thought was healthy food was a huge issue.

I just like to think of how we used to eat, 200, 500, 1000 years ago. I can't imagine the frontiersman stopping every two to three hours from farming or hunting or building or whatever...and pulling out a meal to eat. Then again, those type people worked so hard they were likely burning 5,000 to 6,000 calories a day.

Looking at budget friendly stationary bikes. Anyone done these before? My gym at work isn't opening anytime soon, and there's no outdoor bike riding in the snow.

I'd look at something that you have to bear your own weight, Chad. Elliptical, treadmill, stairmaster .... or take the seat off of the bike. If you're going the bike route, you can get things to convert your normal bike into a stationary one....
1609536618324.png .... or .......1609536661493.png .... or more $$ fancy ..... 1609536684691.png

Looking at budget friendly stationary bikes. Anyone done these before? My gym at work isn't opening anytime soon, and there's no outdoor bike riding in the snow.
My opinion of stationary bikes are the cheaper ones don't really cut it. Just my opinion.

I know it sucks Chad...but honestly in the snowy winter like you will have...shoveling snow is probably the best workout you will ever get.

I'd look at something that you have to bear your own weight, Chad. Elliptical, treadmill, stairmaster .... or take the seat off of the bike. If you're going the bike route, you can get things to convert your normal bike into a stationary one....
View attachment 44172 .... or .......View attachment 44173 .... or more $$ fancy ..... View attachment 44174
Those are cool!
My opinion of stationary bikes are the cheaper ones don't really cut it. Just my opinion.

I know it sucks Chad...but honestly in the snowy winter like you will have...shoveling snow is probably the best workout you will ever get.
At the gym at work I used to attend a cycling class every Wednesday that 45 min workout was intense. The bikes used where great I'm checking Facebook marketplace hoping to get a good price on a used one. I figure I could duplicate those workouts at home.

Those are cool!

At the gym at work I used to attend a cycling class every Wednesday that 45 min workout was intense. The bikes used where great I'm checking Facebook marketplace hoping to get a good price on a used one. I figure I could duplicate those workouts at home.
I'm sure there is something on Amazon Prime video or another streaming service that can get you a workout that you are looking for. I used to do a "Spin" class on my lunch break at the YMCA two to three times a week. I'll admit those were great workouts.

Shh. Cant talk about this.. first rule and all but
Any of you see the commercial for “fight camp” system? Looks interesting.

ive had successs just walking for 90 minutes in my neighborhood.

Food lifestyle change isnt realistic for me right now. I’ve enjoyed novel lifestyles over the years but i dont think i can maintain them more or less indefinitely. i eat healthy and moderately, but i cant cut out things like soda or beer, since i dont drink soda and rarely have alcohol. need something sustainable

IF and keto have been successful short term for my friends, but its been a bummer trying to accommodate everything. i love to share delicious food stuffs.

and now reading about the MAF system so far which is all about Maximizing aerobic function of the body VO2 max ( not doing 80s with aerobics) and incorporating that into my activities

I just wish everyone Much success in whatever way they want to go ( Losing or gaining ) Just pick what works for you and know we are here for you in whatever support fashion you need. Good Luck Everyone Im rooting for you !!!!

Alright what gives??? I ate very well today, really lowered my caloric intake, and said no to chips! Jumped on the scale still overweight!
Hmm...strange...dramatic weight loss should have take effect immediately 🤔

Chad, you need the BINGE AND PURGE technique (or it was something like that anyways :sneaky:)
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I just got a notification for an app called FASTIC ..
It says lose weight naturally with the new intermittent fasting app.. I just thought I would let you know to maybe check it out. I haven't looked at it so I know nothing about it but maybe it'll help someone..... I'm rooting for all of you to succeed.

Hi guys, I’m strongly considering starting a Keto Diet. Would anyone have some good required reading or suggestions?

thanks!

Hi guys, I’m strongly considering starting a Keto Diet. Would anyone have some good required reading or suggestions?
Back when I had the same question, Don recommended watching The Magic Pill and Fathead, The Director's Cut. After watching these I was absolutely convinced Keto was the way for me. Should be able to find them to watch somewhere online.

Back