The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Chillin out in plateau city this last 15 days or so. I started Beach Body's 80 day obsession 14 days ago, I drink a protein shake after every workout, Increased my caloric intake from 1200-1400 to 1800-2000 calories, and I now have a meal for 300-400 calories at around 1-2pm instead of OMAD at 6pm. I'm sure that all theses factors have a lot to do with it. I'm still seeing a lot of NSV's, from having an easier leg day and recovery this week to smaller belly, arms, thighs etc when I measured them this week.

Plateau's stink, but I think I'm just in that phase where my body is trying to build some muscle and is making other progress, not weight loss progress. I cannot complain, I'm down 45lbs...

1618839051827.png

I have lost 4 or 5 of those pounds I mentioned that I had added on... I still don't know what happened that I all of a sudden gained all that weight... I'm still gonna schedule a docs appointment and see if somethings wrong and if that could be why I went up that much so quickly when I have not changed weights in so many years.... The only thing that was different was that I took the vaccine in that time frame...

I have gained back weight that is mostly from being lazy. Covid-19 DID and continues to kick my tail, but most of mine has been poor food choices.

Mother in law fell, and being in a hospital over a week, and now in an extended care facility for rehab has ruined my eating habits with dropping everything to go here or there to handle her care options. Ugh.

Crazy times my friends!

gaining_weight_meme.jpg

Almost to my goal but will probably go 10 more pounds beyond that.

Weird thing is, I'm getting alot of pressure to stop losing. Folks at the church are asking if I'm ok and afraid I'm losing too much weight. The wife is unhappy as she is seeing intermittent fasting as starving myself. I have added 2 24+hr fasts a week (Wednesday and Saturday) but am eating plenty of calories the other days.

Almost to my goal but will probably go 10 more pounds beyond that.

Weird thing is, I'm getting alot of pressure to stop losing. Folks at the church are asking if I'm ok and afraid I'm losing too much weight. The wife is unhappy as she is seeing intermittent fasting as starving myself. I have added 2 24+hr fasts a week (Wednesday and Saturday) but am eating plenty of calories the other days.
Are you feeling good, are you healthy? Those are the important things. Maybe remind people that at the weight you were, you were at an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.

Back