The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

This month's weight loss challenge winner is @Luecke3262
@woodpusher

Way to go Matt!

Great job matt!

Good for you Matt !!

Good job Matt!

Matt was eyeing that LNHC stuff, me I am quietly holding steady waiting to crush the end of month June prize with my luck.

Thanks everyone, lots of eating more greens and fat than I want to and getting stopped up like a family of 10’s only toilet(thank god the probiotics are working now)!

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed the process and I feel like a new man. Iryna is a huge source of encouragement and support, I couldn’t have done it without her.

20 more pounds to loose!

Down to 153.2lbs this morning. The 7-day trend is not looking good either.:(
View attachment 50666
Eat more Protein...whey more protein! See what I did there... 🤪 I kid really. Honestly at this point Sam...you are eating pretty good and have upped your protein game. You are exercising and lifting weights more than Mr. Olympia. So you are obviously building muscle. Maybe it's time to accept that your body just wants to be lean. Building muscle was the goal right? I mean...I bet you like a completely ripped Popeye...am I right? Weight be damned...I bet you are the healthiest right now than you have ever been. I think that's amazing!

Thanks, Don, but I'm far from where I used to be when in peak form. I used to both coach soccer(real football) and play, daily weights (benching almost my body weight), do about 300 push-ups and 500 sit-ups per day, and my upper back was V'd.

Of course, two things factor into that:
- I was younger
- I was single and had lots of free time.

Wifey has commented on improvements in my belly and shoulders recently, so all is not in vain.

Thanks, Don, but I'm far from where I used to be when in peak form. I used to both coach soccer(real football) and play, daily weights (benching almost my body weight), do about 300 push-ups and 500 sit-ups per day, and my upper back was V'd.

Of course, two things factor into that:
- I was younger
- I was single and had lots of free time.

Wifey has commented on improvements in my belly and shoulders recently, so all is not in vain.
I'm just saying, that even though the weight is going down, you are less flabby than where you were. Don't get discouraged, just keep on keeping on my friend!

@woodpusher

Thanks everyone, lots of eating more greens and fat than I want to and getting stopped up like a family of 10’s only toilet(thank god the probiotics are working now)!

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed the process and I feel like a new man. Iryna is a huge source of encouragement and support, I couldn’t have done it without her.

20 more pounds to loose!
With ONLY 20 pounds more to lose you could fall to second place if someone else decides to kick it into gear (or finds the probiotics).

That was one heck of a month you had. More importantly, you seemed to have enjoyed yourself while eating like a bipolar jackalope.

Almost half way through the month and plenty of time to shed a few more pounds than the other guys/gals around you. Just in case you need a little encouragement...CBL Soap will be providing the winner (biggest looser) this month with a prize.

When I first agreed to be the April prize sponsor I made a custom set soap and Aftershave for the occasion. Since then I have created a few more unique items AND a new soap base, so I figured I would offer the winner their choice of the set I prepared OR something I have made since ....OR maybe a little custom something.

SO, you get to work being a loser so you can win this month and we'll come up with something you LOVE.

My weight loss has been stalled out for the last two weeks between 188.6 and 190.6. Likely because I started taking a Protein(Pea protein based) after my workouts in the evenings. I'm certain that I'm building muscle and we all know muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm still doing Keto with Intermittent fasting, but I'm typically eating a snack around 2:00PM and then my dinner around 6:30pm as opposed to One Meal a Day. Then a protein shake around 8:00-9:00 after my evening work out(17 fast hours and a 7 hour eating window).

How is everyone else doing?

PartialLittleGallinule-max-1mb.gif

Back