The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Still hanging out at the same weight as my end of month weigh in. But today was my first day of waking up at 0430 so I can workout for an hour prior to getting ready for work. I'm doing a 5x5 lifting program, and focusing on stretching. I've also started going for walks with @Ambalance in the evenings when weather permits. We've started out by doing about 2 miles at a time. IT's take some adjusting to get used to getting up early and lifting, but I'm looking forward to making that a habit.

Still hanging out at the same weight as my end of month weigh in. But today was my first day of waking up at 0430 so I can workout for an hour prior to getting ready for work. I'm doing a 5x5 lifting program, and focusing on stretching. I've also started going for walks with @Ambalance in the evenings when weather permits. We've started out by doing about 2 miles at a time. IT's take some adjusting to get used to getting up early and lifting, but I'm looking forward to making that a habit.
Excellent KJ!!!!

I know you did well with your 5x5 workout before. And I am finding out that stretching really is just important as the other exercises. Between weights and stretching the pain in my bad back is very minimal! I think you will respond very well!

@CVargo Power walking -vs- jogging is VERY different due to the impact. Do what your physio folks say and be sure to discuss with them anything extra you are thinking about doing. Don't suffer a setback by pushing too hard too fast.

@CVargo Power walking -vs- jogging is VERY different due to the impact. Do what your physio folks say and be sure to discuss with them anything extra you are thinking about doing. Don't suffer a setback by pushing too hard too fast.
Oh I know they are different. He made that very clear today lol. I'm just going to call power walking light jogging.

But yes I will be doing these two weeks power walking as prescribed.

Well I went to my physical therapy today. Wa moved to bi-weekly. And am to start incorporating lite jogging well they said power walking but that doesn't sound very masculine.

On the road to recovery.
Look...I'll be the first to say that I know walking doesn't seem like you would get all that great a benefit from it. But honestly...I think the benefits from a "purposeful walk." Are amazing. You won't get that "Zone 2 or 3" "Vo2 Max" (whatever all that means) cardio workout. But you get nice exercise that does work your cardio-respiratory functions and gives you a nice fat burn.

Oh I know they are different. He made that very clear today lol. I'm just going to call power walking light jogging.
I'm still going to picture you amongst the Mall Walkers....

But you get nice exercise that does work your cardio-respiratory functions and gives you a nice fat burn.
Especially if you throw some weight on your back and Ruck It!

When you do hit the Mall for your walks, be sure to wear your ref outfit and blow the whistle and throw flags at those who walk on the wrong side or at the wrong pace. Plus, you might get the Foot Locker employee discount!

When you do hit the Mall for your walks, be sure to wear your ref outfit and blow the whistle and throw flags at those who walk on the wrong side or at the wrong pace. Plus, you might get the Foot Locker employee discount!
I do need some new sneakers.

Yeah, lifting really helps with the pain in my lower back. I'm really looking forward to that side benefit! (or maybe I should say "back benefit" LOL)
In another thread...we were talking about the "farmer's walk" exercise. @woodpusher is doing a version of it...and I am implementing what he is doing until I can get my "proper equipment" made likely this weekend.

I think we started talking about it on this post...

You should take a looksy and see if it is anything you want to do.

When you do hit the Mall for your walks, be sure to wear your ref outfit and blow the whistle and throw flags at those who walk on the wrong side or at the wrong pace.
Dude, he'll be throwing flags at himself. He can't keep pace with the older ladies at the mall!

And Chad, make sure you check your 6, those ladies will clip you as they pass and try to take you out!

Just make sure and get the right outfit.

hal-aero-helmet.jpg

You are all so kind and helpful. From helping me get discounts on shoes and now making sure I'm wearing the right outfit. Thank you!

Look...I'll be the first to say that I know walking doesn't seem like you would get all that great a benefit from it. But honestly...I think the benefits from a "purposeful walk." Are amazing. You won't get that "Zone 2 or 3" "Vo2 Max" (whatever all that means) cardio workout. But you get nice exercise that does work your cardio-respiratory functions and gives you a nice fat burn.
Lol, i agree and i did the research, lol 😂

Moderately fast walking (not speed walking) is pretty interchangeable with the lower end speed of jogging. pretty much same. Better in most ways tbh.

add some rolling hills and you’ll definitely be in zone 3. Any faster and you lose most of the good benefits of aerobic exercise.

I seem to have settled in at around 156 lbs for the past two weeks, with very little variance. Not sure if today's extra weight is a "bathroom backlog" or not, especially as I didn't eat very much yesterday.
1615726610069.png

Back